ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bullying

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
whatisgoingon
Posts: 11
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 18:40
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by whatisgoingon »

I believe someone is tampering with my frame. This person (or they) are putting mail into different slots in the hope that I get in trouble for misdelivery. I haven't seen them doing this, but I've had a lot of missorts. There was one item in particular that I absolutely definitely put in the correct slot and it was moved somewhere else. Wtf can I do about this?
Also, our office is telling us that if we finish half an hour early one day, then we can't claim if we go over by half an hour the next day. Is this right?
I am getting so irritated with this job I think I will go off sick with stress.
Overtime is missing from my payslip which is theft, colleagues behave like total arses, we are given lapsing which puts us over our time by about 20 minutes (our break) and we can't claim for it. THEY EXPECT US TO WORK FOR FREE.
It's the same old arguments every morning with the manager.
I AM SO FED UP WITH THIS JOB!!!!!!!! :sad:
Also, there are colleagues who finish before there time and still get paid 2 hours to take a row of mail out. Favouritism as usual. There are the ones who moan and complain and as long as they can yell the loudest they get away with whatever they want. It's the quiet ones who are suffering and THIS IS NOT RIGHT! The managers encourage it. I believe mine is a psychopath and has a little gang of favourites to do his dirty work! This company is a shambles!
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by The Postman »

whatisgoingon wrote:I believe someone is tampering with my frame. This person (or they) are putting mail into different slots in the hope that I get in trouble for misdelivery. I haven't seen them doing this, but I've had a lot of missorts. There was one item in particular that I absolutely definitely put in the correct slot and it was moved somewhere else. Wtf can I do about this?
Also, our office is telling us that if we finish half an hour early one day, then we can't claim if we go over by half an hour the next day. Is this right?
I am getting so irritated with this job I think I will go off sick with stress.
Overtime is missing from my payslip which is theft, colleagues behave like total arses, we are given lapsing which puts us over our time by about 20 minutes (our break) and we can't claim for it. THEY EXPECT US TO WORK FOR FREE.
It's the same old arguments every morning with the manager.
I AM SO FED UP WITH THIS JOB!!!!!!!! :sad:
Also, there are colleagues who finish before there time and still get paid 2 hours to take a row of mail out. Favouritism as usual. There are the ones who moan and complain and as long as they can yell the loudest they get away with whatever they want. It's the quiet ones who are suffering and THIS IS NOT RIGHT! The managers encourage it. I believe mine is a psychopath and has a little gang of favourites to do his dirty work! This company is a shambles!
If an item is not in the correct place technically it’s a mis-sort. Your pda will show that you’ve been to the address already therefore you’d have delivered it if it was to hand, so don’t stress about it. Unless you have time left at the end of the duty to deliver mis-sorts, bring them back. If someone gets caught messing with your frame to cause mis-deliveries they should get sacked, let them worry about it. Someone else may be able to comment on the flexing agreement, but I thought set days had to be agreed before had, not by banking hours which is definitely not allowed. If your working your 20 minutes break you should be claiming it when you get back to the office. However, you can use the cutting off procedure if you don’t want the overtime, make sure to follow the rules to the letter though or you’ll leave yourself open to the disciplinary procedure. Your overtime should definitely not be short, make sure your adding what your not getting paid onto the next week, don’t let it go. Speak to your union rep about this and put a stop to doing overtime until your arrears are paid. Failing this, put in a Grievance. Don’t worry about when other people are finishing and what overtime they’re getting paid, that’ll just add to the stress.

Hope this helps.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Bullying

Post by glenfiddich »

I had an old mobile phone setup to film my frame but the little prick stopped tampering before I could catch them I let a manager know that I thought someone was messing with my frame they said they'd check cctv but never did
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by Seymour Buts »

You need to mention the frame thing to management, two people were doing the same in our office. They'd mix letters around and pull out the markers for people's packets. Difficult to prove but we all knew who was doing it; the gaffer mentioned it in WTL and made clear anybody caught doing it will be dismissed for wilful delay. It stopped.

For the other stuff you just need to stand your ground. If you're willing to work over, book any excess, if you're not say you'll be leaving stuff or the lapsing or whatever. They'll try to harrang you into doing it but just stay firm and stick to the rules, there's NOTHING they can do.

Good luck.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by number one »

Just to add people seem to name call and be nasty to the “loud ones” who apparently get away with things in offices. This is probably because they do stand up for themselves and don’t let managers bully them. It’s not fair then for the quite ones to call them managers pets or any other name.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by fishtank »

number one wrote:Just to add people seem to name call and be nasty to the “loud ones” who apparently get away with things in offices. This is probably because they do stand up for themselves and don’t let managers bully them. It’s not fair then for the quite ones to call them managers pets or any other name.

You do a fair bit of name calling yourself, mostly things like lazy, slow and useless.

People who live in glass houses still have to answer the front door.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Bullying

Post by arnold cheshire »

Are you sure someone is moving your letters ? I thought this once and then found myself putting them In the wrong place.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by Jpro747 »

What sort of action have you taken to improve things? Get the union involved asap. You need to put in a bullying complaint against your manager and those who are tampering with your frame. Also ring the bullying helpline. Welcome to the forum and if you have a look around here you’ll quickly find out you’re not suffering alone on these issues.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by robbertwhitton »

Obviously a lot of down time in these offices where they can find time to literally mess about then!,the rounds and workload being equal and fair and all that,?the job is bad enough at times without this undercurrent of causing grief to your work colleague,why would you do that?my job share can’t come quick enough and our office is pretty good,apart from the lack of managing from a manager we hardly see,hell bent on point scoring on saving money in an extremely efficient office,
whatisgoingon
Posts: 11
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 18:40
Gender: Male

Bullying

Post by whatisgoingon »

I've quit the job. Would rather have no job than work in this total utter s**t hole :wave