ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by themailman »

Is this something that HR will send me out if I request it?

I've a genuine reason for requesting it, but if I ask my lino theres a good chance they will think that I'm about to go sick, which isn't the case.

Thanks.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by k979aaa »

themailman wrote:Is this something that HR will send me out if I request it?

I've a genuine reason for requesting it, but if I ask my lino theres a good chance they will think that I'm about to go sick, which isn't the case.

Thanks.
You can request it and may have to pay for it why don't you keep a diary or a wall chart at least of your past record RM will should give you one when you receive a prompt 1 review other than that why paint a target on your back.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by themailman »

k979aaa wrote:
themailman wrote:Is this something that HR will send me out if I request it?

I've a genuine reason for requesting it, but if I ask my lino theres a good chance they will think that I'm about to go sick, which isn't the case.

Thanks.
You can request it and may have to pay for it why don't you keep a diary or a wall chart at least of your past record RM will should give you one when you receive a prompt 1 review other than that why paint a target on your back.
One of the reasons is that I genuinely can't remember when I was last off - I'm talking years here. I'm not in the habit of keeping a calendar on my wall once it's expired, lol.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by k979aaa »

themailman wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
themailman wrote:Is this something that HR will send me out if I request it?

I've a genuine reason for requesting it, but if I ask my lino theres a good chance they will think that I'm about to go sick, which isn't the case.

Thanks.
You can request it and may have to pay for it why don't you keep a diary or a wall chart at least of your past record RM will should give you one when you receive a prompt 1 review other than that why paint a target on your back.
One of the reasons is that I genuinely can't remember when I was last off - I'm talking years here. I'm not in the habit of keeping a calendar on my wall once it's expired, lol.
Why absences only count for 12 months so why bother so do as you wish your sick record is clear my son you have my blessing. :Very Happy
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by greengiant »

Perhaps there is a competition coming soon where everyone is in for a chance of winning a speed boat if they don't have any time off sick for 3 months?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by Seymour Buts »

One day in three years in my case. Too honest I reckon!
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by rubberbond »

greengiant wrote:Perhaps there is a competition coming soon where everyone is in for a chance of winning a speed boat if they don't have any time off sick for 3 months?
i did hear a story of someone who won a car for not going sick, then went sick the day after receiving the car.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Getting a copy of my attendance record for the last few years

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

themailman wrote:Is this something that HR will send me out if I request it?

I've a genuine reason for requesting it, but if I ask my lino theres a good chance they will think that I'm about to go sick, which isn't the case.

Thanks.

You could ask for a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act, it should be all the data they hold on you including attendance records I would hope.

It may cost but if you call HR they can advise cost and process.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.