ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RMTV

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by robbertwhitton »

Anyone else watch the rmtv during wtll and ask the question are these real people employed by the same company I’m working for!.do they have the same challenges with lapsing and loaning and delivery times etc etc etc,they all seem happy,and motivated and glad to work for Royal Mail.have I missed something?Is it just me?i ask the boss while it was on,he shook his head and just laughed,
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by wookie »

Yes, I ask myself the same questions. I seem/am forced to watch it but yet others do not need to. I learn nothing. It does come across as brain-washing.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by Jpro747 »

Yep, thought exactly the same! They must be either be actors or robots. Loads walked out the room while it was on, people are fed up with it.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by rambo1 »

Jpro747 wrote:Yep, thought exactly the same! They must be either be actors or robots. Loads walked out the room while it was on, people are fed up with it.
You mean you have wtl and rmtv? Blimey. We have the TV on 24/7 but never have time to watch it lol
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by Seymour Buts »

I don't really take any of it in, I just snigger whenever Tracy Stacy makes an appearence and wonder how much the skin head chap that's a regular on there spends on tatoos given he seems more inked everytime he appears. Running out of skin now I reckon!
jon_gardner85
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 May 2016, 12:14
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by jon_gardner85 »

It always reminds me of 1985 (the book...).
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by wacko74 »

jon_gardner85 wrote:It always reminds me of 1985 (the book...).

Was that the follow up to 1984?...

Where the oppressed and down trodden ignore their glorious leader's propaganda and set themselves free from a life of unquestioning obedience and servitude?

I'll have to check it out!
jon_gardner85
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 May 2016, 12:14
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by jon_gardner85 »

wacko74 wrote:
jon_gardner85 wrote:It always reminds me of 1985 (the book...).

Was that the follow up to 1984?...

Where the oppressed and down trodden ignore their glorious leader's propaganda and set themselves free from a life of unquestioning obedience and servitude?

I'll have to check it out!
Haha I always get confused because I was born in 85! I meant 1984!!
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by eastie »

robbertwhitton wrote:Anyone else watch the rmtv during wtll and ask the question are these real people employed by the same company I’m working for!.do they have the same challenges with lapsing and loaning and delivery times etc etc etc,they all seem happy,and motivated and glad to work for Royal Mail.have I missed something?Is it just me?i ask the boss while it was on,he shook his head and just laughed,
WTLL thought they stopped it last year as we havent had it since then
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by hothothot »

I thought work time learning was a chance for a 30 minute kip.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

RMTV

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

robbertwhitton wrote:Anyone else watch the rmtv during wtll and ask the question are these real people employed by the same company I’m working for!.do they have the same challenges with lapsing and loaning and delivery times etc etc etc,they all seem happy,and motivated and glad to work for Royal Mail.have I missed something?Is it just me?i ask the boss while it was on,he shook his head and just laughed,

They are all cloned in a factory somewhere. Someone sent me a secret photo of them preparing for an RMTV presentation. :shhhhh :shhhhh
cloned.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

RMTV

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wacko74 wrote:
jon_gardner85 wrote:It always reminds me of 1985 (the book...).

Was that the follow up to 1984?...

Where the oppressed and down trodden ignore their glorious leader's propaganda and set themselves free from a life of unquestioning obedience and servitude?

I'll have to check it out!
Strange fact. Anthony Burgess did write a book called 1985 which was a follow up to and a discussion about the original 1984 by Orwell.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by robbertwhitton »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Anyone else watch the rmtv during wtll and ask the question are these real people employed by the same company I’m working for!.do they have the same challenges with lapsing and loaning and delivery times etc etc etc,they all seem happy,and motivated and glad to work for Royal Mail.have I missed something?Is it just me?i ask the boss while it was on,he shook his head and just laughed,

They are all cloned in a factory somewhere. Someone sent me a secret photo of them preparing for an RMTV presentation. :shhhhh :shhhhh
cloned.jpg
Ha! Brilliant,keep the sense of humour guys;we need it more than ever in this climate,remember when the fun stops STOP!,,
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by yubin282 »

What you can't see is Moya/Rico just offscreen with a large shotgun.
2Shedz
Posts: 50
Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
Gender: Male

RMTV

Post by 2Shedz »

The same crap that is in the Courier every month.

Brain washing !