So I'm starting uni next month and my dom agreed that I could drop my hours to just the weekend. Initially he wanted me to do a day in the week as well so it'd make up 23.5 hours but I said no.
My union rep has been working with him to get me an 8 hour contract and apparently my dom agreed. However, my union rep has been on annual leave for the last two weeks and suddenly, my dom has said he never mentioned the 8 hour contract and that he still wants me to do 23.5 hour week! Apparently he can't 'afford' an 8 hour contract for me. I think it's a load of rubbish as I know someone in the office who only works Saturdays.
Where do I stand? My union rep isn't back until Tuesday and I feel pressured by my dom to agree to something he wants and not what I want.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dropping my hours
-
Drdoom217
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 12:00
- Gender: Male
Dropping my hours
Don't agree to anything until you've spoken to your rep. Dom can't make you take a formal meeting without union represention.
-
agost01sj0
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 09 May 2017, 08:08
- Gender: Female
Dropping my hours
My rep has come back and has had a meeting with my dom. He's not backing down. Either I agree to 23.5 hours or I guess I have to quit? It's quite clear he doesn't care if I go and is almost forcing me to leave. Is there something I can do about that?Drdoom217 wrote:Don't agree to anything until you've spoken to your rep. Dom can't make you take a formal meeting without union represention.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Dropping my hours
probably not due to the reasons you want a change in hours. Are there any duties that would fit around your schedule ? Im surprised the DOM doesnt want someone to just work Saturdays, theres always a struggle to cover duties on a Saturday in my office.