ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by Seagull1983 »

Had a brief discussion about taking annual leave next year with my postie and he mentioned “purchasing” annual leave ?! How does this work ? And cost ? I know the evil managers will make it difficult to take the the leave when I want etc. But never Come across this in a workplace before.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by world class male »

management aren't involved, or wasn't for me, call HR up and request whatever you want, i pay £2.70 pw to top up to 25 days or whatever the new hours are now, not sure on 30 days
think it has to be completed by sometime in february to start from apri
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

For details on how it works, the form is an old one but the process/system is the same.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8257&mode=view
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by k979aaa »

Could RM not extend this IE if I was here for 20 plus years could I not buy 7 or 8 weeks per year?
FAB
Posts: 234
Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
Gender: Male

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by FAB »

Didn't the union (I think) suggest the idea of being able to buy a 7th week some time ago?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by Celgar »

Sometimes there are not enough slots for every postie to book six weeks a year so no use trying to go for seven weeks a year.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by k979aaa »

Celgar wrote:Sometimes there are not enough slots for every postie to book six weeks a year so no use trying to go for seven weeks a year.
Get more staff I will pay a % of my wage but sadly organisation lacks in this business we cannot find anyone to do the lapsing because we have no staff even though we are over our traffic figures by 20% it is a cost and it will bite them on the ass big time this year!
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by Seymour Buts »

So I officially get 4.5 weeks leave? Thanks, did wonder to be honest!

How does the half a day work? I assume they let it roll into the following year so it becomes an extra day?
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by FirstPost »

world class male wrote:management aren't involved, or wasn't for me, call HR up and request whatever you want, i pay £2.70 pw to top up to 25 days or whatever the new hours are now, not sure on 30 days
think it has to be completed by sometime in february to start from apri
tell me more as I'm stuck in a situation :thumbup
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

The purchasing of holiday leave ?

Post by joewyan »

postietom wrote:So I officially get 4.5 weeks leave? Thanks, did wonder to be honest!

How does the half a day work? I assume they let it roll into the following year so it becomes an extra day?
Yes that’s right. It will roll into the next year (but double check that it has!)