ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rjay87
Posts: 11
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 21:28
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by rjay87 »

Hey all, as title says...
Can someone clarify, the PILON payment of 9 weeks, does that include any owed holiday in with the 9 weeks or should that be seperate?
Also with regards to shares, how long until you heard anything about them?
Thanks in advance
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by hothothot »

The pilon part of IHR is taxed as would any holiday pay owed , but if you don't work again until after April next year you can claim virtually all your tax back. Your also entitled to your shares which are also tax free , after you have received your IHR the shares take about 2 weeks . I took IHR 3 weeks ago , I claimed my tax back , received a cheque 1 week later. I got a letter from shares Saturday , and am waiting for money to go in bank. Good luck.
rjay87
Posts: 11
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 21:28
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by rjay87 »

hothothot wrote:The pilon part of IHR is taxed as would any holiday pay owed , but if you don't work again until after April next year you can claim virtually all your tax back. Your also entitled to your shares which are also tax free , after you have received your IHR the shares take about 2 weeks . I took IHR 3 weeks ago , I claimed my tax back , received a cheque 1 week later. I got a letter from shares Saturday , and am waiting for money to go in bank. Good luck.

Thanks, I understand the pilon/owed holiday are taxed, but is the owed holiday included in the 9 weeks pilon payment received or was that a seperate payment on your last wage slip ie.. Lump sum+pilon or was it lumpsum+pilon+owed holiday on wage slip??
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by rehabron »

rjay87 wrote:
hothothot wrote:The pilon part of IHR is taxed as would any holiday pay owed , but if you don't work again until after April next year you can claim virtually all your tax back. Your also entitled to your shares which are also tax free , after you have received your IHR the shares take about 2 weeks . I took IHR 3 weeks ago , I claimed my tax back , received a cheque 1 week later. I got a letter from shares Saturday , and am waiting for money to go in bank. Good luck.

Thanks, I understand the pilon/owed holiday are taxed, but is the owed holiday included in the 9 weeks pilon payment received or was that a seperate payment on your last wage slip ie.. Lump sum+pilon or was it lumpsum+pilon+owed holiday on wage slip??

The PILLON payment is based on length of service any outstanding leave would be paid in addition.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by hothothot »

Everything is on your final wage slip , shares.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by hothothot »

Sorry I meant to say bar the shares.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by Creditshampoo »

Any know how it’s calculated? 34 weeks pay plus holiday? Plus shares
rjay87
Posts: 11
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 21:28
Gender: Male

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by rjay87 »

rehabron wrote:
rjay87 wrote:
hothothot wrote:The pilon part of IHR is taxed as would any holiday pay owed , but if you don't work again until after April next year you can claim virtually all your tax back. Your also entitled to your shares which are also tax free , after you have received your IHR the shares take about 2 weeks . I took IHR 3 weeks ago , I claimed my tax back , received a cheque 1 week later. I got a letter from shares Saturday , and am waiting for money to go in bank. Good luck.

Thanks, I understand the pilon/owed holiday are taxed, but is the owed holiday included in the 9 weeks pilon payment received or was that a seperate payment on your last wage slip ie.. Lump sum+pilon or was it lumpsum+pilon+owed holiday on wage slip??

The PILLON payment is based on length of service any outstanding leave would be paid in addition.

Thanks for that, I just had lump sum and pilon so looks like they havent given me any owed holiday which sounds about right for RM.
Just wanted to check before I contacted them and looked an idiot
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Quick question for anyone thats had IHR

Post by k979aaa »

rjay87 wrote:
rehabron wrote:
rjay87 wrote:
hothothot wrote:The pilon part of IHR is taxed as would any holiday pay owed , but if you don't work again until after April next year you can claim virtually all your tax back. Your also entitled to your shares which are also tax free , after you have received your IHR the shares take about 2 weeks . I took IHR 3 weeks ago , I claimed my tax back , received a cheque 1 week later. I got a letter from shares Saturday , and am waiting for money to go in bank. Good luck.

Thanks, I understand the pilon/owed holiday are taxed, but is the owed holiday included in the 9 weeks pilon payment received or was that a seperate payment on your last wage slip ie.. Lump sum+pilon or was it lumpsum+pilon+owed holiday on wage slip??

The PILLON payment is based on length of service any outstanding leave would be paid in addition.

Thanks for that, I just had lump sum and pilon so looks like they havent given me any owed holiday which sounds about right for RM.
Just wanted to check before I contacted them and looked an idiot
Holidays are from April to April depends on how long you worked for RM and how long you were off sick for but 6 weeks for 20 plus years or 5 weeks 1 day for 15 years or 4 weeks 3 days for most full time part time do not know.