ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
Very rarely see posties with earphones as I presume you have to talk to the public a lot and concentrate on doing the job !
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
Nah just listening to the voices in our headSeagull1983 wrote:Very rarely see posties with earphones as I presume you have to talk to the public a lot and concentrate on doing the job !
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
Don't think I could do the job without music... 
-
toonshola
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
Listen to podcasts most days in one ear. Can still hear people talking to you and traffic etc. Keeps me somewhat sane in the day to day monotony.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
Podcasts with Bluetooth earpiece for me. Can still hear surroundings with only one ear used up and no cord to tangle around bag / coat.
This job you can learn something totally new from a wide variety of subjects every single day for four / five hours at a time if you wish - I love it.
This job you can learn something totally new from a wide variety of subjects every single day for four / five hours at a time if you wish - I love it.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
recommend a smart watch to pause/play if you like music a tad louder
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
I sometimes have them on in the office just to drown out the garbage coming from the doms mouth on lapsing,loaning the forecast,I’m tired of hearing it,it’s soul destroying to say the least,when out on delivery I’d much rather listen to the upbeat banter from my customers
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
I dare say there’s rules to the wearing of such devices on health and safety grounds,cos deep down they really do care about you and have your best interests at heart
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
The below is from another thread (https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 3&p=762274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it's a no no...
POSTMAN wrote:It's a no as Teebs has posted, it's common sense as well.
With regards to the employee booklet it states...
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ds_2_0.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 12
You must:
- • support a safe culture and show this through
responsible behaviour;
• always take account of your own safety and that of others;
• always follow the appropriate safety rules, standards and
procedures, asking for an explanation if you’re not sure;
• use and maintain all controls, procedures and protection
provided for your safety and the safety of others;
Which would go in hand with...Don't let ignorance either kill you, seriously injure you...or get you the sack.SSOW Deliveries and Collections - August 2000 wrote:
DO NOT wear personal stereo headphones while on delivery.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
We were told years ago not to wear them on collections of in office incase of fire alarm ect. They even took out our stereos from all our vans in Glasgow mail centre invade we listened to music when driving, lol, I mean you really couldn't make it up.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
glenfiddich wrote:Nah just listening to the voices in our headSeagull1983 wrote:Very rarely see posties with earphones as I presume you have to talk to the public a lot and concentrate on doing the job !

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
Did use ear phones for a week but realised it took one of my senses away not good in town.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
CD player or radio in the van. Radio 4 then Radio 2 usually.
Some Postie's do have earphones via their mobile phones.
Some Postie's do have earphones via their mobile phones.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
pex
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
I use Bluetooth headphones that sit on your temples and transmit the sound through the jawbone. Sounds odd but it works and is perfect for us as you can both still hear clearly and also have a conversation
whilst listening to music. Brand is Aftershokz Trekz Titanium, expensive but there are alternatives I guess for less money.
whilst listening to music. Brand is Aftershokz Trekz Titanium, expensive but there are alternatives I guess for less money.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Does anybody listen to their iPod/music on their rounds ?
In my office loads do and managers know but no one cares as long as the job gets done. I recently started and honestly it helps so much.