ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sent to different depot unfair work load
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Got sent to a different depot today got given 11 loops to take out bymyself with no geographical knowledge of the area. 1hrs travelling time so finished an hour early with 3 loops brought back then had heated discussion with manger as to why I was finishing and stuff was brought back only been with royal mail 7 months is this the usual thing??
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Yes , this sort of thing goes on every day with this company. Remember you only have to work to your time , you do not have to go over. Have your allocated breaks and don't run round .
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Been going in early to get to the depot told him as soon as I got there I need to finish an hour early to get home in time. Told my manager when I got back about the way he spoke to me. Just had text different depot again tommorow please be there by 08.30 it's 45 mins away??
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
I'm part time 9 till 2
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Basic delivery bullying by so called “ managers”Maxwell1979 wrote:Got sent to a different depot today got given 11 loops to take out bymyself with no geographical knowledge of the area. 1hrs travelling time so finished an hour early with 3 loops brought back then had heated discussion with manger as to why I was finishing and stuff was brought back only been with royal mail 7 months is this the usual thing??
They really do not have a clue. The travel time bears no relevance to these idiots.
They only see a duty, that duty is covered by A.N. Other, sorted ,!
They have no skill or ability to deal with anything other than that.
Anything other than the duty being done fully results in intimidation.
They have become so used to other people digging them out of a s**t hole, they take it as a given, throw the dummy out the pram and start the slagging/bullying/intimidation game.
Unfortunately do not expect much sympathy from colleagues or the Union for that matter, YOU are leftover the dogs.
Totally wrong and unacceptable treatment to endure. Stick to your guns, only work your contracted hours and go home.
Then complete a grievance complaint against the manager. And hope you do not get sent back. These twats and their DOM pals have a habit of carrying a grudge, cover yourself at all costs.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
I think, but check !Maxwell1979 wrote:Been going in early to get to the depot told him as soon as I got there I need to finish an hour early to get home in time. Told my manager when I got back about the way he spoke to me. Just had text different depot again tommorow please be there by 08.30 it's 45 mins away??
You are entitled to attend your parent DO prior to leaving for another unit. Your contracted hours start at your own DO.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
And finish there as well.tommyrep wrote:I think, but check !Maxwell1979 wrote:Been going in early to get to the depot told him as soon as I got there I need to finish an hour early to get home in time. Told my manager when I got back about the way he spoke to me. Just had text different depot again tommorow please be there by 08.30 it's 45 mins away??
You are entitled to attend your parent DO prior to leaving for another unit. Your contracted hours start at your own DO.
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Could of lost my job today so had to bite my tongue so called managers can't manage!! I've worked in a few places never had to deal managers like this one thing is I won't be bullied. I'll see how tommorow goes but perhaps as I spoke to my manger about it they may hold that against me!!
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
the procedure for working in other offices is... you start on your time at your office, they have to provide transport for you to get to the other office, then you have to be given enough time to travel to your own office for your finish time, with transport provided, do not let them tell you otherwise, if you are in any doubt, consult your union rep or branch!!!
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Thanks for your replys I'm going to put it down to a bad day see how tommorow goes I guess hopefully won't be in the same situation tomorrow
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
It's no wonder so many quit they treat us new ones like dirt maybe not the job for me
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
This is the advice you need to take otherwise they will just continue sending you. They will get sick before you doing it this wayosgoody1970 wrote:the procedure for working in other offices is... you start on your time at your office, they have to provide transport for you to get to the other office, then you have to be given enough time to travel to your own office for your finish time, with transport provided, do not let them tell you otherwise, if you are in any doubt, consult your union rep or branch!!!
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Another quick question what would be a reasonable amount to take out with no idea where your going having to sat nav every loop as there spread out??
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
I'd say given the info you've provided 3-4 loops, although it is difficult to quantify.
11 loops is taking the p@ss and the manger was chancing his arm.
Stick to your guns
11 loops is taking the p@ss and the manger was chancing his arm.
Stick to your guns
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Sent to different depot unfair work load
Did quite well considering then. Think he expected me to be still out delivering now!!