ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Funeral entitlement
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Funeral entitlement
My gran has passed away, I've took no time off work but asked for the funeral off, today I got a Phone call from another staff member to say the manager asked him to swap my day off, the problem for me is my day off is Saturday and have no child care so unable to swap, am I entitled to a day for the funeral?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Funeral entitlement
Yes, you are entitled to one days paid leave for a grandparents funeral.
tell your DIM what day it is and go, and you will still get your normal day off that week as well.
sorry for your loss.
tell your DIM what day it is and go, and you will still get your normal day off that week as well.
sorry for your loss.