ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
July / August Letter Volumes
-
RMG4Life
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 21:01
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Has anyone seen letter volumes improve from June and impact of GDPR?
Or do volumes still remain quite low / or getting even worse?
Or do volumes still remain quite low / or getting even worse?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
There was a span of about two weeks in June when the volume of mail dropped through the floor but it recovered afterwards. I haven't heard an explanation as to why the mail dropped off then.RMG4Life wrote:Has anyone seen letter volumes improve from June and impact of GDPR?
Or do volumes still remain quite low / or getting even worse?
The mail volumes always drop in the summer - July & August - and RM always make a big song and dance about it but it's not new news. It's sort of like cars driving past Stonehenge on the A303 - those stones have been there about 5000 years but you would think they were erected last year!
I have a feeling, or maybe I'm just hoping, that the GDPR hasn't affected the amount of marketing mail being posted. We will have a much better idea next week when the summer absorption stops and the mountain of mail starts to flow.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Don't know whether it was just coincidence but the 2 weeks after GDPR came in the letters volumes were very light, but since then I'd say it's been back up to typical summer levels.
Pkts on the other hand, all summer have been not far short of what would be considered xmas volumes only 3 or 4 years ago.
Pkts on the other hand, all summer have been not far short of what would be considered xmas volumes only 3 or 4 years ago.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Other than them two weeks. I would say it's been the busiest summer for mail for the 4 years I've been here. I didn't see much of a drop off from winter.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Our DOM said the other day that RM figures are saying the mail volumes this summer are half of last year's summer volumes. The trouble with RM figures is that they are going to be averages so some walks or areas of the UK will have more or less mail than others. But then RM want to hit everyone with the same amount of extra work/lapsing/absorption which means some posties may already have too much to do and are expected to more on top.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Half? Really? If that gets reported it ain't gonna do much for the share price!!Celgar wrote:Our DOM said the other day that RM figures are saying the mail volumes this summer are half of last year's summer volumes. The trouble with RM figures is that they are going to be averages so some walks or areas of the UK will have more or less mail than others. But then RM want to hit everyone with the same amount of extra work/lapsing/absorption which means some posties may already have too much to do and are expected to more on top.
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Celgar wrote:Our DOM said the other day that RM figures are saying the mail volumes this summer are half of last year's summer volumes.
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Have to say I've never known it this quiet in my four years here. Summer has always dropped off, this year however it's been crazy. They have finally stopped job and finish at our place; been very difficult at times to stretch out our duties! After wtl, breaks and lapsing this morning we didn't start posting till 10:40, we still ended up sand bagging it to stretch out the time.
That said, the next two days is gonna be crap I reckon.
That said, the next two days is gonna be crap I reckon.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
It’s been so easy in my office this summer, I start on time, take my full break, do my lapsing and still finish at 11:00 most days. Gives me plenty of time to do my overtime and I’m still home for 12:30-13:00
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
July / August Letter Volumes
It's been the busiest summer in all my 11 years. I was expecting a big difference when the schools finished, but nothing, still fairly busy. I've finished early (19 - 20 mins) twice all summer, both Tuesdays. I usually just take my lapsing Mondays and Tuesdays.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2056
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
FFS I’ve e done one of My 5 loops by 11.00 am most daysnumber one wrote:It’s been so easy in my office this summer, I start on time, take my full break, do my lapsing and still finish at 11:00 most days. Gives me plenty of time to do my overtime and I’m still home for 12:30-13:00
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
July / August Letter Volumes
Finished at 11 most days ,,, shakes my head
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
July / August Letter Volumes
And your username on here is ,, number one Well done youre a star
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Whats wrong with that? Most of my office is finished between 11:00-12:00.Chelseablue wrote:And your username on here is ,, number one Well done youre a star
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2056
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
July / August Letter Volumes
Well I hope that’s all Your being paid tonumber one wrote:Whats wrong with that? Most of my office is finished between 11:00-12:00.Chelseablue wrote:And your username on here is ,, number one Well done youre a star