ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Finish time

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lonpost
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 May 2016, 11:28
Gender: Male

Finish time

Post by lonpost »

I'm on a duty I've never done b4 and with a partner for the 1st time, I need to be finished for my time if my partner wants to stay out what happens then, I deffo can't go over as I need to get home for my Mrs to go to work so I'll be back to look after the kids
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Finish time

Post by Creditshampoo »

Get them to drop you back to the office then. Or you walk back if they’re funny. Postman can be just as bad as managers
lonpost
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 May 2016, 11:28
Gender: Male

Finish time

Post by lonpost »

I didn't think it'd be that simple tbh, I'm also designated driver.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Finish time

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

lonpost wrote:I'm on a duty I've never done b4 and with a partner for the 1st time, I need to be finished for my time if my partner wants to stay out what happens then, I deffo can't go over as I need to get home for my Mrs to go to work so I'll be back to look after the kids
He either transports you back to the office for your finish time or allows you enough travel time to get back to the office in time on public transport (the fares of which you can claim back), but the decision isn't up to him, it is up to your manager. The manager could assign someone to collect you in an OMV or PMV (with the correct insurance) as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Finish time

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

lonpost wrote:I didn't think it'd be that simple tbh, I'm also designated driver.
In that case it even simpler. You drive back in time, the manager and the other OPG will decide how to return him to the office.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.