ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quick Question...
-
Pharox
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Quick Question...
Hi folks, I am currently on sick leave for another week with bad knees (arthritis), my aunt died last week, and her funeral will be later this week. I am in Scotland so I will have to travel down to England for her funeral. Will there being any 'issues' from my DOM who can be, let’s say an ar$e.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Quick Question...
Why does he need to know.Pharox wrote:Hi folks, I am currently on sick leave for another week with bad knees (arthritis), my aunt died last week, and her funeral will be later this week. I am in Scotland so I will have to travel down to England for her funeral. Will there being any 'issues' from my DOM who can be, let’s say an ar$e.
-
Pharox
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Quick Question...
No real reason other than common courtesy. If you are well enough to travel to there, then you can come to work etc.aiden01 wrote: Why does he need to know.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Quick Question...
he wont find out unless you tell him
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Quick Question...
Pharox wrote:Hi folks, I am currently on sick leave for another week with bad knees (arthritis), my aunt died last week, and her funeral will be later this week. I am in Scotland so I will have to travel down to England for her funeral. Will there being any 'issues' from my DOM who can be, let’s say an ar$e.
Your absence if shown on the GP " fit note" as arthritis is covered by the Equality ACT and discounted for absence calculation in the attendance procedure.
You should have set up maintaining contact details as the attendance procedure requires and if by mobile phone it would be unknown to the caller your actual location unless you have set this into your mobile phone.
You have already stated that your DOM can be an a..e so I think you already know if you inform him of your Aunts funeral what the reply will be and I assume that you are not walking to the funeral which is totally different from walking at your employment.