ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Killoffs
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2018, 19:59
Gender: Male

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Post by Killoffs »

Hi all.

I'm a 30hr (5 day) reserve who has very kindly been given the 27th August as my day off. Other reserves have various non-Bank Holiday days as their day off that week.

Am I still right in thinking that if the manager can't allocate another day that week as the day off, then it can be claimed as an overtime payment? Is that a policy irrespective of contracted hours / does that also apply in my case, as a part timer?

Thanks.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Post by Postie45 »

if youre doing 6 hour days, then anything over 24 hours worked next week is OT or the option to get a day in lieu if you get to 30 hours.
Killoffs
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2018, 19:59
Gender: Male

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Post by Killoffs »

Thanks, that makes sense :thumbup
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Post by fiveoclockhero »

I’ve been given an extra days annual leave
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Post by number one »

fiveoclockhero wrote:I’ve been given an extra days annual leave
Is that what you wanted? It’s YOUR choice to either have it paid as overtime or have an extra day added to your annual leave not theirs.
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Post by fiveoclockhero »

number one wrote:
fiveoclockhero wrote:I’ve been given an extra days annual leave
Is that what you wanted? It’s YOUR choice to either have it paid as overtime or have an extra day added to your annual leave not theirs.
I’m happy with the extra day. I only had 4 left, now I got a full week
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Question about BH as assigned 'day off'

Post by joewyan »

Killoffs wrote:Hi all.

I'm a 30hr (5 day) reserve who has very kindly been given the 27th August as my day off. Other reserves have various non-Bank Holiday days as their day off that week.

Am I still right in thinking that if the manager can't allocate another day that week as the day off, then it can be claimed as an overtime payment? Is that a policy irrespective of contracted hours / does that also apply in my case, as a part timer?

Thanks.
If you have been given the Monday as your day off next week (very impressed you already have a schedule for next week!) then you are entitled to EITHER overtime for one day that you work that week OR a day added to your holiday, whichever one you prefer (although if your office is like most then an extra day holiday isn’t a good choice as you won’t be able to book it!)