ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sunlover
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Aug 2018, 14:58
Gender: Female

transfer

Post by sunlover »

If I apply for a transfer to a different delivery office, at what point will my current DOM find out?

I have seen a vacancy at a delivery office closer to where I live but I don't want to make things awkward for me in my current office if I don't get it.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

transfer

Post by Seymour Buts »

Wouldn't make things awkward I wouldn't have thought, just explain why: it's closer to your home.
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

transfer

Post by abuch1980 »

I transferred for the same reason recently. Takes about 28 days but sometimes your new contract will take longer to come through depending on how good manager is and HR find out. Meaning old office will be paying you out of their budget until your are transferred on system to new office.