ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Facebook

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by grandypants »

So while on delivery one day last week I delivered to an address that had one of those Ring doorbells which I didn't know recorded you as you walk up the path not just as you ring the bell,anyway I had three packets for this address so I put my bundle on the front window ledge so as I had two free hands to fill in the PDA, got a signature left the address and thought no more.

Went into work this morning only to be shown a video of me on facebook by my union rep at the said address with the text by the owner saying look at my nosey postman how much of my lounge does he want to see, she also states I didnt ring when you can clearly see me pushing the bell and you can hear the tone, what right has this woman to 1,film me without my knowledge

2,put the video on the public domain without my consent and 3,accuse me of not doing my job correctly

My DOM has seen the footage and agrees that I have done nothing wrong in fact followed all procedures correctly and is going to seek advice as to what can be done, to say I was not a happy bunny this morning is an understatement. :so there
MinTee
Posts: 82
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 15:20
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by MinTee »

They can record you, although it’s not CCTV it’s more or less the same use.
Saving and sharing said video is where the problem comes into play. Absolutely no right what so ever. No doubt posted to one of those Facebook pages in which people with nothing better to do, bitch and complain all day long, pathetic.

You did nothing wrong. I reckon said person will be getting a knock on the door from management...if they can be bothered to leave the office.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by noggin1969 »

Malicious Communications Act 1988 prohibits the sending of an electronic communication which is indecent, grossly offensive, or which is false.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Facebook

Post by twoloops »

I'd be knocking on her door today, think I've seen the video it was on Twitter as well :left:
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by Altrider »

"3,accuse me of not doing my job correctly" technically, and under common law, she can be seen as having defamed you. The fact that is has been published on social meejah doesn't help her, as it can now also be seen as libellous.
An individual can sue for damage to their reputation caused by material broadcast to a third party, including material published online.
Have a word with Union and see if they can assist in legal advice - this at least should also scare the cr*p out of the malicious cow.
Phantom
Posts: 1234
Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
Gender: Female
Location: New York

Facebook

Post by Phantom »

This is b+H to me, I would refuse to deliver to that address for the fear of confrontational issues.
CUT OFF!!!
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Facebook

Post by DGH »

Altrider wrote:"3,accuse me of not doing my job correctly" technically, and under common law, she can be seen as having defamed you. The fact that is has been published on social meejah doesn't help her, as it can now also be seen as libellous.
An individual can sue for damage to their reputation caused by material broadcast to a third party, including material published online.
Have a word with Union and see if they can assist in legal advice - this at least should also scare the cr*p out of the malicious cow.
Hmm. 'nosey' is mere common abuse and not actionable.

'Didn't ring the doorbell' could indeed be construed as an accusation of not doing one's job properly but m'learned friend advises me that he'd be extremely surprised were it sufficient to be deemed libellous.

However you can get her to take the various posts down and (probably) get an apology as it's probably creating a false impression though stopping short of outright defamation.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by jd9442 »

Give us a link
We can proceed to tell her she’s a smart person
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by miles_peters »

I would not be delivering to that address again and I would consider taking legal action. spreading malicious untrue rumours about you is damaging to you personally I would give serious consideration to contacting the police and even taking this person to court.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by rubberbond »

Why does everything have to go on Facebook these days , this postie was only trying to do their job and all they get is abuse on social media. Thank goodness I'm not on there ,well as far as I know! anyway, in this particular regard ignorance is bliss.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by bustedflush »

Go to Maplins.
Get a spycam which uploads to a Cloud and you can monitor.
Don't do anything pervy, just place it somewhere that actually covers 'normal' behaviour.
Eventually the woman will slip on her drive, reverse the car out badly, pick her nose or something.
Upload said file to YT.
Post it on Faecebook.
Sit back and enjoy her discomfort.


What a bloody sad individual she is.

It's all about social media and pointless footage now.

If some unfortunate were drowning in a river nowadays with 100 witnesses, 99 of them would be slackjaws and stand there dribbling and filming with their mobiles, one would jump in to help. That's the sort of society we live in.

As you have seen, even the most banal incidents like a postman's call is deemed worthy of some kind of media exposure by some.

Mind you the same sort of people post images of what they just cooked for tea and post them on Faecebook as if anybody is interested in the tedious minutiae of their humdrum lives.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by Mobey »

You don't want to jump in to rescue someone, then there'll be two people who need rescuing then! Use a ring or throw line! But I get what you're saying !
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Facebook

Post by Sugar »

Every house that has one of those doorbells on them I knock instead of ringing for that exact reason and if people ask why I didn't use the doorbell I tell them God invented the hand/fist first and it works just fine.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Facebook

Post by twoloops »

If you know the houses that have these recording facility's keep a balaclava or mask in you van/bag & slip it on when delivering to that address :thumbup
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Facebook

Post by wallop »

Sugar wrote:Every house that has one of those doorbells on them I knock instead of ringing for that exact reason and if people ask why I didn't use the doorbell I tell them God invented the hand/fist first and it works just fine.
I do the same and just say because i want you to answer the door not look for your phone.