ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

duty

Post by hero22 »

Apologies if this has been asked before or in wrong section. I am signed to a 30 hour duty but rarely on it as I know other duties which need covered and that's fine by me. Today I see they have put me down for a duty on Monday I don't know and don't particularly want to either. I assume they are going to offer training but wudnt be surprised if they don't. I was just wondering do I need to accept training on a new duty or do a new duty if I already hold one ? My main issue is the favouritism in my office is unreal and im just looking to dig my heels in a bit on this.
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

duty

Post by bmccoll »

Dig your heels in. If you don't know the duty they've put you on then they can't hit you with the mantra about office needs. Unless is there a reason why the person allocated to YOUR can't duty do it?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

duty

Post by rehabron »

hero22 wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before or in wrong section. I am signed to a 30 hour duty but rarely on it as I know other duties which need covered and that's fine by me. Today I see they have put me down for a duty on Monday I don't know and don't particularly want to either. I assume they are going to offer training but wudnt be surprised if they don't. I was just wondering do I need to accept training on a new duty or do a new duty if I already hold one ? My main issue is the favouritism in my office is unreal and im just looking to dig my heels in a bit on this.
The problem I have with this you have become your own worst enemy by accomaditing RM by covering other duties apart from your own signed duty and RM willl now feel that you are very obligeable in covering another duty without any recourse from you.
Whether your have covered other duties over and above your 30 hour contracted hours for financial reasons and if you are adamant that you wish to be placed on your own signed duty now you will find that if this happens you will continue to be resrticted to your 30 hours for not being so obliging now.
That is a decision for you to make.
dennis12
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
Gender: Male

duty

Post by dennis12 »

Duty holders in my office are always being moved off there signed for duties because of operational needs you can't really say no as it is a reasonable request :shock: