Ha..something I've been wondering
Not sure if this is a local thing but our mail fittings have each street labelled in a different colour, reds, blues,yellows, blacks etc.
Is a monopoly board copied off this idea or the other way round? Or just a coincidence.
Sorry, geeky question.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Random question about monopoly
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
Every Friday I collect my £200
-
sheepy19
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 15:06
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
Lucky you ha
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
sheepy19 wrote:Ha..something I've been wondering
Not sure if this is a local thing but our mail fittings have each street labelled in a different colour, reds, blues,yellows, blacks etc.
Is a monopoly board copied off this idea or the other way round? Or just a coincidence.
Sorry, geeky question.
I think Royal Mail's been around longer that the Monopoly Game.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Random question about monopoly
When I started, and my frame still is - black text on white background. I think that was the norm.
The colour coding came in IIRC with P&L, and sequencing mainly I think to make it easier to differentiate streets for people who don't regularly prep those duties.
The colour coding came in IIRC with P&L, and sequencing mainly I think to make it easier to differentiate streets for people who don't regularly prep those duties.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
Ours are old school, black text on an all yellow background, with loads of bits hand written.
And people on here tell us to “simply check the 318”...
And people on here tell us to “simply check the 318”...
-
sheepy19
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 15:06
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
So do yous reckon they are they both using the same idea but not copying each other directly?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
I
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3345
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
I can only speak for my office since I've never worked in another unit, but coloured street labels have always been present since I joined in 2007. The only walks I've seen with plain black and white printing are from the rushed resequencing of the walk. It does help with manual sorting since picking out a block of colour is faster than scanning along each row for the street name.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The colour coding came in IIRC with P&L, and sequencing mainly I think to make it easier to differentiate streets for people who don't regularly prep those duties.
The machine stops.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
Aye, only the Rep has a "Get out of Lapsing Free" card
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
Ha Ha Very Goodpostslippete wrote:Aye, only the Rep has a "Get out of Lapsing Free" card
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Random question about monopoly
The colours are a relatively new thing since the introduction of the RM2000 frame. Before that we had box frames where most of the time you would street sort first then put the street in order.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share