I know that you can return your work if you don't have time to complete as long as you let the maneger know before hand
But sometimes things happen that can delay you whilst out and about
Today was quite light but I didn't count on the heat hitting me as it did
I had to stop and sit in the shade and I was unable to complete I felt sick and felt quite unwell
I texted my maneger and told him,
..no reply
Now i know when i go in tomorrow my maneger will says that I have caused wilfull delay of the mail.
There are are other times when customers hold you up or wheel comes of trolley etc etc
So what are you to do
Shouldn't tell them everyday
"I will try my best but if I cannot for any reason or unforseen reason complete I shell return the work"
Just to cover myself
This sounds defeatism on my part but they will have you in then office at any little mistake
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Unforseen delay
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
I think that is a good statement to make, every single day, with a litigation solicitor by your side preferably of partner level.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
It’s not wilful delay so don’t worry
-
Matt123
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
Thanks ..they will try say it isnumber one wrote:It’s not wilful delay so don’t worry
They'll try anything
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
Keep the text you sent him , it will have date/ time
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
I would have rang him.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
If you have communicated via text with him before I wouldn’t worry
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
Matt123 wrote:I know that you can return your work if you don't have time to complete as long as you let the maneger know before hand
But sometimes things happen that can delay you whilst out and about
Today was quite light but I didn't count on the heat hitting me as it did
I had to stop and sit in the shade and I was unable to complete I felt sick and felt quite unwell
I texted my maneger and told him,
..no reply
Now i know when i go in tomorrow my maneger will says that I have caused wilfull delay of the mail.
There are are other times when customers hold you up or wheel comes of trolley etc etc
So what are you to do
Shouldn't tell them everyday
"I will try my best but if I cannot for any reason or unforseen reason complete I shell return the work"
Just to cover myself
This sounds defeatism on my part but they will have you in then office at any little mistake
The clause below was an additional insertion into the conduct code to cover such circumsrances.
Unintentional delay Royal Mail Group recognises that genuine mistakes and misunderstandings do occur and it is not our intention that such cases should be dealt with under the Conduct Policy beyond informal discussions for the isolated instance.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Unforseen delay
That’s actually really reassuring to know, thanks
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Unforseen delay
That's ridiculous.LaggyBand wrote:I think that is a good statement to make, every single day, with a litigation solicitor by your side preferably of partner level.
As long as you wear one of those shoulder-cams the police are starting to use, and record everything, you should be fine.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Unforseen delay
Basically you should have gone sick