ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Booking extended

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by Seymour Buts »

Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble? :hmmmm
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by Celgar »

I fully understand why posties would want to book five minutes extended given how up themselves RM have become in recent times. A prime example of this would be RM giving us our annual leave allocation in hours instead of days or weeks. They say it's to benefit us but you just know they were tearing their faces off thinking they might have lost a few pennies.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by rehabron »

postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble? :hmmmm
It's a matter of personal choice and how your office operates. If you were 5 or 10 minutes late in coming to work would your manager want this to be recorded when you sign in and enter in the late book ? 5 or 10 minutes late back every day on a 5 day week accumulates to 50 mins. and the money for little it is better in your pocket.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by aiden01 »

postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble? :hmmmm
Book every minute no point working for free.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by number one »

10 minutes a day can be about £360 a year. So if you’re happy with letting Royal Mail keep that then crack on.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by rambo1 »

We've been told we can't book LESS than 15mins. This just makes posties make sure they are 15 mins late if it was only gonna be 10. Crazy, and probably just bs from the DOM anyway. Is it happening elsewhere??
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by number one »

rambo1 wrote:We've been told we can't book LESS than 15mins. This just makes posties make sure they are 15 mins late if it was only gonna be 10. Crazy, and probably just bs from the DOM anyway. Is it happening elsewhere??
Any minutes over your time can be booked!!
postslippete
Posts: 4197
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by postslippete »

Considering the Shorter working week that RM want, every minute counts
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by Seymour Buts »

rehabron wrote:
postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble? :hmmmm
It's a matter of personal choice and how your office operates. If you were 5 or 10 minutes late in coming to work would your manager want this to be recorded when you sign in and enter in the late book ? 5 or 10 minutes late back every day on a 5 day week accumulates to 50 mins. and the money for little it is better in your pocket.
Never heard of a late book, and I've been late any number of times so make of that what you will.

I rarely go over so maybe that's why I don't usually bother. If it was a regular thing it'd be different I guess.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by postmanzach »

I just write down the time I finish, if it’s 5 or 55 over I get paid it, surely everyone should be the same. I do however feel if I go 20 over one day and finish 20 under another they can cancel each other fair play imo .
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by rehabron »

postietom wrote:
rehabron wrote:
postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble? :hmmmm
It's a matter of personal choice and how your office operates. If you were 5 or 10 minutes late in coming to work would your manager want this to be recorded when you sign in and enter in the late book ? 5 or 10 minutes late back every day on a 5 day week accumulates to 50 mins. and the money for little it is better in your pocket.
Never heard of a late book, and I've been late any number of times so make of that what you will.

I rarely go over so maybe that's why I don't usually bother. If it was a regular thing it'd be different I guess.
Possibly they no longer have a late book as they had in the past but in the odd isolated occasion when being slightly late there has been a cross against my name on the signing on sheets for me to sign in on my arrival time. After discussion with the said manager to payback my lateness time to this manager I countered this by stating the amount of time I have went over without claiming O/T. Met with a stoney silence enough said,
Nickvilla20
Posts: 788
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by Nickvilla20 »

Told my DIM I might have to book today as I never got out until 9:45. He nearly had a heart attack.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Booking extended

Post by eastie »

Nickvilla20 wrote:Told my DIM I might have to book today as I never got out until 9:45. He nearly had a heart attack.
I book every day. Im one of only 4 in my office that doesnt come in early and we take my break with my P/L partner .
They can moan all they like but I just tell the DOM I do the job properly and can check the PDA actuals if they like