ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Booking extended
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble? 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
I fully understand why posties would want to book five minutes extended given how up themselves RM have become in recent times. A prime example of this would be RM giving us our annual leave allocation in hours instead of days or weeks. They say it's to benefit us but you just know they were tearing their faces off thinking they might have lost a few pennies.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
It's a matter of personal choice and how your office operates. If you were 5 or 10 minutes late in coming to work would your manager want this to be recorded when you sign in and enter in the late book ? 5 or 10 minutes late back every day on a 5 day week accumulates to 50 mins. and the money for little it is better in your pocket.postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
Book every minute no point working for free.postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
10 minutes a day can be about £360 a year. So if you’re happy with letting Royal Mail keep that then crack on.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
We've been told we can't book LESS than 15mins. This just makes posties make sure they are 15 mins late if it was only gonna be 10. Crazy, and probably just bs from the DOM anyway. Is it happening elsewhere??
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
Any minutes over your time can be booked!!rambo1 wrote:We've been told we can't book LESS than 15mins. This just makes posties make sure they are 15 mins late if it was only gonna be 10. Crazy, and probably just bs from the DOM anyway. Is it happening elsewhere??
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
Considering the Shorter working week that RM want, every minute counts
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
Never heard of a late book, and I've been late any number of times so make of that what you will.rehabron wrote:It's a matter of personal choice and how your office operates. If you were 5 or 10 minutes late in coming to work would your manager want this to be recorded when you sign in and enter in the late book ? 5 or 10 minutes late back every day on a 5 day week accumulates to 50 mins. and the money for little it is better in your pocket.postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble?
I rarely go over so maybe that's why I don't usually bother. If it was a regular thing it'd be different I guess.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
I just write down the time I finish, if it’s 5 or 55 over I get paid it, surely everyone should be the same. I do however feel if I go 20 over one day and finish 20 under another they can cancel each other fair play imo .
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
Possibly they no longer have a late book as they had in the past but in the odd isolated occasion when being slightly late there has been a cross against my name on the signing on sheets for me to sign in on my arrival time. After discussion with the said manager to payback my lateness time to this manager I countered this by stating the amount of time I have went over without claiming O/T. Met with a stoney silence enough said,postietom wrote:Never heard of a late book, and I've been late any number of times so make of that what you will.rehabron wrote:It's a matter of personal choice and how your office operates. If you were 5 or 10 minutes late in coming to work would your manager want this to be recorded when you sign in and enter in the late book ? 5 or 10 minutes late back every day on a 5 day week accumulates to 50 mins. and the money for little it is better in your pocket.postietom wrote:Just wondering at what point people book extended? We were like 5 minutes late Friday and my collegue wanted to book it; I just let 5 or 10 minutes slide as I feel it's reasonable enough. Am I a mug or is he just unreasonsble?
I rarely go over so maybe that's why I don't usually bother. If it was a regular thing it'd be different I guess.
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
Told my DIM I might have to book today as I never got out until 9:45. He nearly had a heart attack.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Booking extended
I book every day. Im one of only 4 in my office that doesnt come in early and we take my break with my P/L partner .Nickvilla20 wrote:Told my DIM I might have to book today as I never got out until 9:45. He nearly had a heart attack.
They can moan all they like but I just tell the DOM I do the job properly and can check the PDA actuals if they like