I recently got allocated a part time 30 hour duty in the office after a new duty was created. Happy days I thought, wud now get a rotating day off etc. Have barely been on the duty in the 3 months since and no rotating day off which isn't really the issue as I was told it wud take 6 months before day off thing started. Dom told me on Saturday a new loop had been added (45 mins at least) which the guy who does my duty takes usually for overtime. he also mentioned they were thinking of cutting the duty completely.
Can they add loops to my duty without informing me and can they just cut a duty ? if they do cut it am I entitled to be offered another ? Any help is appreciated.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cutting Duty
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Cutting Duty
Why don't you do your duty?
They can add as many loops as they want to my duty - I still only work to my time.
They can add as many loops as they want to my duty - I still only work to my time.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Cutting Duty
Within reason RM can pretty much do whatever they like with you. They can send you to another office that is more short staffed. They can get rid of your walk or change it's composition or move you off it and put someone else on it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
Cutting Duty
I would remove the "within reason" from your reply! RM can do whatever they like whenever they like as they don't give a flying f**k about you, me or anyone else!!! All they care about is lining their's and the shareholders pockets with as much as they can!!Celgar wrote:Within reason RM can pretty much do whatever they like with you. They can send you to another office that is more short staffed. They can get rid of your walk or change it's composition or move you off it and put someone else on it.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Cutting Duty
Did you pick the duty?
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Cutting Duty
I don’t do the duty regularly because I’m needed to cover other duties, something I don’t really mind. Just wanted to know if they can change things without speaking to duty holder and union rep first. Seemingly they can.
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Cutting Duty
Yeah mate put my name forward for it and got it.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Cutting Duty
You should be on it then