ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by Navalron »

Celgar, I've seen a couple of your posts where you say that your office is always going over but that the Dom won't allow you to claim docket. Wtf. Are you working for nothing, or being bullied or both of an i missing something here mate. :no no
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by lightningpostman »

yea happens across the country

"you finish early some days" the usual crap spewed by those in charge.

when you number crunch you actually work more for free over the year.

plus lapsing etc not sure my body can take another 10-12 miles a week with all this lapsing.

lapsing should be illegal as our bodies endure more and more half of the office is off sick with limb /body problems.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by number one »

How many times do people need to be told? We do not bank hours!!! If we did I would just make sure I work my 39hrs Monday-Friday and take every Saturday off!! If you go over your time BOOK the overtime!!
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by Navalron »

But what do the guys do it they are not allowed which has been stated. Personally I wouldn't let myself be treated like s**t, but a lot of people are not as good at standing up for themselves or indeed can't be bothered standing arguing with DOM about docket. I wouldn't give a toss as that would be even more time indoors and less mail going out. Saying that before I moved to driver the delivery were nothing compared to now but still wouldn't work for nothing. But even more crazy that the whole office does it. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by danterossetti »

If you finish early you say what would you like me to do now boss?

Theres no banked hours.

If you don't get paid then don't do no overtime and leave lapsing.
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by danterossetti »

number one wrote:How many times do people need to be told? We do not bank hours!!! If we did I would just make sure I work my 39hrs Monday-Friday and take every Saturday off!! If you go over your time BOOK the overtime!!

:Applause :Applause :Applause
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by number one »

danterossetti wrote:If you finish early you say what would you like me to do now boss?

Theres no banked hours.

If you don't get paid then don't do no overtime and leave lapsing.
No, if you finish early you go home. Don’t go looking for work, it’s down to the manager to approach you!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by Brandy »

Surely this is stealing? How can they get away with it,and where is the union? This was happening when I was a postie,and it seems rife now.
What has become of this once great company and once great job,if they have to resort to these measures.Greed sheer greed thats all it is,and the poor postie suffers yet again. :no no
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by Jpro747 »

I would guess either they don’t know how to use the cut off procedure, or they’re worried they’ll get sacked for wilful delay for leaving mail behind.

Remember, we’re all being tracked on the PDA so as long as you’re working at a safe and reasonable pace, you’ve got nothing to worry about. They can’t force you to go over and they can’t sack you for using the cut off procedure as long as you use it correctly.
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by DGH »

number one wrote:
No, if you finish early you go home. Don’t go looking for work, it’s down to the manager to approach you!
That's not true. You should remain available for work for the duration of your shift and only if specifically told by a manager that you are free to leave should you do so before your scheduled time. If you have finished the work you have been assigned you should really make some kind of effort to determine if there is anything else you could do (there almost always would be something although many managers seem incapable of thinking of anything actually useful).

It used to be the case that RM were happy for you to complete your assigned work and then go home. But no longer.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by k979aaa »

If you finish early why did you bring xx packets back or just brown bin them you should waste time trying neighbours in different areas!
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by Newbie001 »

A lot of managers are pulling the old "all overtime has to be agreed before you leave" bollocks. But as they are giving you double lapsing, they're basically telling you that you have more than enough time,according to the figures.
If you want to cut off, it's an argument. If you try to finish, they try and shaft you for money.
No-one can be forced to work for nothing, but if you're not careful they hit you with wilful delay. Never known a company like it. Union needs to get a grip.
Speak to you're rep, all get is just work to your time. Cut off, all you get is managers bullying and harassment, work over and you have too fight tooth and nail to get paid for it. I need a new job grrrr. RM and Union get on my tits in equal measure.
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by fed_up_postie »

This s**t pisses me off!!! NO ONE HAS TO WORK OVER THEIR HOURS!!!! You should know you won't be able to complete before you leave the office (unless of course something happens whilst out on delivery) so you should approach your manager and let them know you will be unable to complete, he/she then decides on whether you should leave stuff (be it a loop or 2 or large packets) or offer you the overtime to complete!!! DONT NOT AGREE TO TAKE IT ALL OUT AND BRING BACK WHAT YOU CANT COMPLETE AS THEIR WILL s**t ON YOU STATING YOU NEVER TOLD THEM AND THEY WILL DO YOU FOR WILFUL DELAY!!! THERE ARE NO BANKING OF HOURS AT ALL!!!! so when their throw the "You finished early yesterday" bullshit at you simple reply "We don't bank hours so yesterday is irrelevant to today its not my fault there wasnt enough work for me to work to my time" why people work over their time for free baffles me!!! You go over you book!!! If the dom won't let you book take it further by filing a grievance!!! Too many greedy bastards running this company now and just look to line their pockets as much as they can!!! Grow a pay and stand up to them!!!!
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by Bahia Feliz »

So yesterday I told the bully lino that I wouldn't be able to do the absorb/lapsing,had a stand up row about it.I said check the pda data for my finishing times,he said he's not going to use the pda data ever again! I booked 15 mins extended when I got back to piss him off more than anything (didn't take the absorption but was a tad late back).
Today,different lino same story,no absorb and I booked 20 mins,bully lino back in on Monday so will see what he says about the extended,he has a habit of crossing it off,I wasn't sure if i'd be late back or not so I hadn't said that I might need to book ext.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Not ALLOWED to book o/t

Post by Bahia Feliz »

fed_up_postie wrote: You should know you won't be able to complete before you leave the office
Last 2 days I have not known i'd be a bit late back until the last half hour or so of my delivery,If my finish time is 2pm and I pull into the yard at dead on 2 or just after I'd just let it go most of the time,last 2 days tho I have booked 15 odd mins on my return.I'm not overly bothered about it,I did it more to wind bully lino up more than anything.
Will wait to see if he says anything on Monday (will let you know)