ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Claiming For Sun Cream
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
Someone in our DO was saying RM used to and are supposed to hand out sun cream in extreme weather such as this.
Anyway, I've been going through shed loads of the stuff and bought some more on the way home in preparation for this continuing heatwave. It ain't cheap, is it, considering the amount we use? So, I was wondering about chucking the receipt in tomorrow and see what happens. I expect much shaking of heads, denial and rushing to and from the font of bullshit, followed by a vague 'we'll look in to it for you' and it to never be never mentioned again.
But I thought it might be worth a go. Just wondering if anyone had tried this before and, more pertinently, if they'd been successful.
Anyway, I've been going through shed loads of the stuff and bought some more on the way home in preparation for this continuing heatwave. It ain't cheap, is it, considering the amount we use? So, I was wondering about chucking the receipt in tomorrow and see what happens. I expect much shaking of heads, denial and rushing to and from the font of bullshit, followed by a vague 'we'll look in to it for you' and it to never be never mentioned again.
But I thought it might be worth a go. Just wondering if anyone had tried this before and, more pertinently, if they'd been successful.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
gand
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
They don't give a f**k about sun cream or our health and safety in the sun. I've been trying for years to get them to give out sun cream wee get told by both the cwu and royal mail that wee can't have sun cream because someone may be allergic to sun cream. So that makes it fine for the rest of us to get skin cancer. Best thing is that our friends in BT who are also in the cwu can have sun cream and claim for it.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
That's interesting about BT, thanks for that.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Claiming For Sun Cream
They give us long trousers, long sleeve shirts and hats instead.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
wear your waterproof jacket, no need for sun cream :nana
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Claiming For Sun Cream
Go naked and cover uresel in margarine great look
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
Buy me a couple of beers and a chip butty on the way home and you're onChelseablue wrote:Go naked and cover uresel in margarine great look
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Claiming For Sun Cream
You would get a great tan!!!Chelseablue wrote:Go naked and cover uresel in margarine great look
-
Flashman_
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
I have fair skin and not wearing sum cream is simply not an option. I was thinking the other day about sending my sun cream receipts directly to the chief executive, to see what their response would be!
Maybe we should get a campaign to all send them in, try and shame these thoughtless pr**s into doing what they should be doing anyway.
Maybe we should get a campaign to all send them in, try and shame these thoughtless pr**s into doing what they should be doing anyway.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
crimson king wrote:Someone in our DO was saying RM used to and are supposed to hand out sun cream in extreme weather such as this.
Anyway, I've been going through shed loads of the stuff and bought some more on the way home in preparation for this continuing heatwave. It ain't cheap, is it, considering the amount we use? So, I was wondering about chucking the receipt in tomorrow and see what happens. I expect much shaking of heads, denial and rushing to and from the font of bullshit, followed by a vague 'we'll look in to it for you' and it to never be never mentioned again.
But I thought it might be worth a go. Just wondering if anyone had tried this before and, more pertinently, if they'd been successful.
Sun Cream ? With your user name
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
rehabron wrote:crimson king wrote:Someone in our DO was saying RM used to and are supposed to hand out sun cream in extreme weather such as this.
Anyway, I've been going through shed loads of the stuff and bought some more on the way home in preparation for this continuing heatwave. It ain't cheap, is it, considering the amount we use? So, I was wondering about chucking the receipt in tomorrow and see what happens. I expect much shaking of heads, denial and rushing to and from the font of bullshit, followed by a vague 'we'll look in to it for you' and it to never be never mentioned again.
But I thought it might be worth a go. Just wondering if anyone had tried this before and, more pertinently, if they'd been successful.
Sun Cream ? With your user name![]()
![]()
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
RM doesn't supply suncream due to possible allergic reactions and the blame culture & suing.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
Yes, so I've been told. Fair enough then, even more reason for those of us without allergies to be able to put in a claim for what they'd be supplying otherwise, surely?Celgar wrote:RM doesn't supply suncream due to possible allergic reactions and the blame culture & suing.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
paulsmd
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
I always say to that so why do they put hand cream in the toilets, someone may be allergic to that. Still don`t get me anywhere.gand wrote:They don't give a f**k about sun cream or our health and safety in the sun. I've been trying for years to get them to give out sun cream wee get told by both the cwu and royal mail that wee can't have sun cream because someone may be allergic to sun cream. So that makes it fine for the rest of us to get skin cancer. Best thing is that our friends in BT who are also in the cwu can have sun cream and claim for it.
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Claiming For Sun Cream
If the reason is down to possible allergies, shud bringing in sun cream to the workplace from home not be banned also incase u kill someone ? 