ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Late 1pm Special
-
ricosneeks
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
Hi all, due to pda issues I delivered 1pm special delivery approx 2-3 minutes late which isn’t much but I’m just wondering will that flag up as a fail and result in line manager/dom asking questions or do they only flag up upon a customer complaint? Thanks in advance.
-
broughts
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
Your dom gets a performance report every morning tracked/specials so unfortunately he will know just tell him had pda issues it’s the truth
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
Yeah it'll flag up as a fail. They tell us to try and get there at least 15 minutes before 1 to ensure such problems don't occur. It'll probably just be a coaching if it's not something that you've done before.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
Seen this happen and ibecause special deliveries was not Head offices hot potato of the month nowt was said.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
Happen with me before noting come up.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
depends on your DOM, if its something that has never happened before he may not even approach you about it.
-
Dannybuca
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
That particular 'hot potato' seems to be failed local collects, at least at the moment.Sir Henry wrote:Seen this happen and ibecause special deliveries was not Head offices hot potato of the month nowt was said.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
Do you think they have a dartboard at RMHQ?
"Throw a double and start messing up their o/t payments, get an odd number and we'll just bug them about not filling out 739s properly"
"Beryl hit the bullseye!"
"Cream cakes all round and Beryl's paying"
"Throw a double and start messing up their o/t payments, get an odd number and we'll just bug them about not filling out 739s properly"
"Beryl hit the bullseye!"
"Cream cakes all round and Beryl's paying"
Last edited by Sir Henry on 30 Jul 2018, 15:25, edited 2 times in total.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Startingover
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
Looking for advice etc. I've not been a post for long, but I was told that the 1:00 pm rule did not apply on a Saturday? Is that true?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Late 1pm Special
It shouldn't be it seems that it does. In my opinion onlt Saturday Guaranteed should be done by 1pm on a saturday.Startingover wrote:Looking for advice etc. I've not been a post for long, but I was told that the 1:00 pm rule did not apply on a Saturday? Is that true?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
From the FAQs on https://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-d ... l-delivery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Startingover wrote:Looking for advice etc. I've not been a post for long, but I was told that the 1:00 pm rule did not apply on a Saturday? Is that true?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Can I have something delivered on Saturday?
For a small fee, Post Offices throughout the UK will accept your items on Friday for 9:00am* or 1:00pm delivery on Saturday. Saturday delivery cannot be accepted for some businesses including:
banks
building societies
travel agents
jewellers
Post Office® branches.
*Exceptions apply.
Our Saturday guaranteed delivery is not available to Herm, Sark and Alderney.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Late 1pm Special
I was assuming OP meant an ordinary 1pm SD, obviously an SG should be delivered before 1pm on a saturday.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
When someone posts an SD item on a Friday if they just pay the standard amount of £6.50 then it doesn't get delivered officially until the following Monday. I think I have seen some slip through on a Saturday but generally they don't. If the customer posts the SD on a Friday and definitely wants it delivered on the next day - Saturday - then they have to pay a additional fee of I think £3.50 on top of the £6.50 . To my mind this is bad given that for us Postie's RM considers Saturday to be a ordinary working day and we don't get paid any more for working on Saturdays. Actually I think even if posties do work on Sundays RM don't pay much more.Startingover wrote:Looking for advice etc. I've not been a post for long, but I was told that the 1:00 pm rule did not apply on a Saturday? Is that true?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Late 1pm Special
Our place treats all Specials on a Saturday as 'normal' 1pm Specials - regardless of whether they have been sent as Saturday Guaranteed or not. I've never understood why RM offer a premium SG service and charge extra, but then give the 'normal' Specials the same service.
I worked a Sunday a few weeks before last Christmas and got £12.50 an hour - that was before the pay rise, so the rate now will be a bit more, probably around £12.80.
I worked a Sunday a few weeks before last Christmas and got £12.50 an hour - that was before the pay rise, so the rate now will be a bit more, probably around £12.80.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Late 1pm Special
£13-27 for Sunday ot and £14-07 for Sunday sa.fb1969 wrote:Our place treats all Specials on a Saturday as 'normal' 1pm Specials - regardless of whether they have been sent as Saturday Guaranteed or not. I've never understood why RM offer a premium SG service and charge extra, but then give the 'normal' Specials the same service.
I worked a Sunday a few weeks before last Christmas and got £12.50 an hour - that was before the pay rise, so the rate now will be a bit more, probably around £12.80.