ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lunch Break
-
wildchild
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Jul 2018, 11:30
- Gender: Female
Lunch Break
I would like to know if a manager can alter the time of your lunch break . I work in a Mail Centre on the afternoon shift and we all take our lunch break at 5pm, with the exception of part time staff and agency workers. The canteen is open to allow for this. Yesterday I was told by an acting manager at 5pm that I had to take my break later. No other OPG in the building had to do this. I would also like to point out that I am covered under disability for mental health issues. The same manager will not allow me to talk to anyone. A different manager asked me a question and he was challenged as to why he was talking to me. Can some one please let me know if this manager can alter my lunch break, by the way I did pick a duty years ago but I have never done it because I get moved constantly
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Lunch Break
This sounds a bit fishy especially as you’re not allowed to talk to anyone....if it was above board then I can’t see a problem with you talking to anyone....rep?
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Lunch Break
Get the rep onto this s**t pronto. Even if the screw thinks he has a reason for making you take a meal relief later than everyone else what reason could he give that stops you talking to anyone? Smacks of singling you out and victimisation so let's see the f****r try and wriggle out of it.
p.s. FTM
p.s. FTM
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Lunch Break
Post removed - the comment was inappropriate considering the Mental Health issues raised by the OP.
Please think about the impact of your post before hitting the submit button.
Please think about the impact of your post before hitting the submit button.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 25 Aug 2018, 12:05, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: admin removed post
Reason: admin removed post
-
Slugpaul
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 23 Sep 2016, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Lunch Break
Looks like a deliberate attack on your mental health. A truly sick and despicable action.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Lunch Break
Ask said manager if he would take his break at the same time ? if not what is good for the goose is good for the gander not with holding the fact he has 5 times the breaks you have!