ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Apparently a Posties in Involved - Man vs Mountain 2018 Bish Dan & Rob

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Apparently a Posties in Involved - Man vs Mountain 2018 Bish Dan & Rob

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-bishton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Running 22 miles up and down Mount Snowdon for Crohn's and Colitis UK because we're nuts!!
Team members: BISH DAN AND ROB Event: Man vs Mountain 2018, 01 Sep 2018

Crohn's and Colitis UK
We offer information, support and research to people affected by Crohn's and Colitis

Charity Registration No. 1117148 (England & Wales) and SC038632 (Scotland)

Story
Right firstly, to give you a brief description of what madness we're actually doing.

On the 1st September 2018 Bish, Dan and Rob will be attempting probably the hardest/craziest thing we ever have/ ever will try to accomplish.

Man VS Mountain is a legendary mountain run to the summit of mount Snowdon and back down. The race starts at sea level at the stunning Caernarfon Castle and weaves it's way to the summit of Snowdon and down the other side into Dinorwic Quarry where they've thrown in an array of punishing obstacles (just what you want after running 22 miles and 5055ft up a mountain!!!) The first pint after this is defiantly going to go down well!!

We have also booked on to do a Total Warrior in June and two Tough Mudders. One in May and one in July. All added in the hope of help to our training and fitness.

Rob also had the amazing idea of us all growing Spartan Mountain beards which have started already, so it looks like it's going to be a very warm summer of training! We will keep you posted of all these as we do them.

Why we've picked Crohn's & Colitis UK:

It's a bit of a personal one for me (Bish)

Most of you who know me will probably know I had the joys of battling Ulcerative Colitis which is a horrendous incurable bowel disease. I'm not going to lie to you when I was first told that I had it, i'd never heard of it! A brief summary of what it is:

https://www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/abo ... ve-colitis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6 years ago after an extreme flare up I was told that as there where no more options left I was down to the last resort and that I would have to undergo surgery to remove my entire large bowel (colon). Which was pretty rough going at the time as I was still young(ish) at the time always been in good shape and in good health. To suddenly realise your life was about to change in such a way was hard to grasp at first. Coming out of hospital four stone lighter and now having a bag (ileostomy) attached to my side which was now how I went to the toilet, well.. it was certainly a bit of a life changer. Something I certainly wasn't ready for. But i decided to not let it get me down, not let it beat me. With the help of close friends and my amazing partner who is now my wife , and some very strong determination. I quickly got back on track and on top of it all, I was back running and back playing football back doing most things i did before. Now after 2 more operations I am now bag free and managing to push myself more than I ever used to.... resulting in this madness challenge we've managed to get ourselves into.

I would like to raise money for this cause to help raise awareness and help with the research to a cure. At the moment there is no cure and doctors are still unsure to what causes crohn's and colitis.



Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.