ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Travel time

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DaisyDoodles
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
Gender: Female

Travel time

Post by DaisyDoodles »

I walk to work, 15 minutes door to door. Today (on my day off) I was sent a text and told that tomorrow I have to go to another office a fair few miles away, on loan. As I don't have business insurance on the car I'll have to use buses to and from.

Each bus journey will take around 80 to 90 minutes to get me where I need to be.. My question is this, should I get paid for the extra travel time to and from?

I'm on a five hour a day contract and this take it up to eight hours including travel. I'm sure I'll get my bus fares paid for, won't I?
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by hans solo »

you reort to your own office first then they transport you to loan office and remember your finish time is when you get back to your own office
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by Xr4 »

DaisyDoodles wrote:I walk to work, 15 minutes door to door. Today (on my day off) I was sent a text and told that tomorrow I have to go to another office a fair few miles away, on loan. As I don't have business insurance on the car I'll have to use buses to and from.

Each bus journey will take around 80 to 90 minutes to get me where I need to be.. My question is this, should I get paid for the extra travel time to and from?

I'm on a five hour a day contract and this take it up to eight hours including travel. I'm sure I'll get my bus fares paid for, won't I?
Go to your own office, its up to them to get you there. If they sat owt just say you misunderstood as you don't have transport to get there.
Kobi72
Posts: 43
Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by Kobi72 »

Don't use buses..it is there responsibility to get you to the other office,sign in at your office at your official start time,then allow time at the end of the day to get back to your do at your official finish time..travelling time is included in your days work..hope that makes sense as I'm feeling ill
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yep’ take a van or get one of the many bosses to take you and pick you up and they can claim the lucrative mileage allowance,it will give them a purpose in life”
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by danterossetti »

Whoever sent the text is trying to have you for a mug.
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by wallop »

turn up and say what text?
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Travel time

Post by Spedley »

Or, if you don't mind then just drive to the other office. But remember, one days favour ...
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by Justanotherstar »

Get the bus from your office at your start time...once you're at the new office take an hours worth of work then get the bus back...be the best day ever! Guarantee they'll never send you again.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by Creditshampoo »

It’s your day off so you don’t have to do anything
DaisyDoodles
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
Gender: Female

Travel time

Post by DaisyDoodles »

Kobi72 wrote:Don't use buses..it is there responsibility to get you to the other office,sign in at your office at your official start time,then allow time at the end of the day to get back to your do at your official finish time..travelling time is included in your days work..hope that makes sense as I'm feeling ill
Thanks for this... If only I'd have realised. I've not signed in at the other office at all, just advised our DOM of my start/finish times.

I have a horrible feeling that the extra three hours I've spent in my own time getting to thus DO won't be covered.
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by DrSatan »

I highly doubt they will pay you for travelling on a bus which they will say is by your own choice using a slower means of transport.

They never give you enough information regarding things like this. When I was new, I was told I wasn't able to claim the extra time It takes to get to the other office as I get mileage. So i missed out on month's of extra time that went unclaimed.
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Travel time

Post by danterossetti »

DaisyDoodles wrote:
Kobi72 wrote:Don't use buses..it is there responsibility to get you to the other office,sign in at your office at your official start time,then allow time at the end of the day to get back to your do at your official finish time..travelling time is included in your days work..hope that makes sense as I'm feeling ill
Thanks for this... If only I'd have realised. I've not signed in at the other office at all, just advised our DOM of my start/finish times.

I have a horrible feeling that the extra three hours I've spent in my own time getting to thus DO won't be covered.
live and learn. but don't be skanked again and take your breaks.