ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Travel time
-
DaisyDoodles
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
- Gender: Female
Travel time
I walk to work, 15 minutes door to door. Today (on my day off) I was sent a text and told that tomorrow I have to go to another office a fair few miles away, on loan. As I don't have business insurance on the car I'll have to use buses to and from.
Each bus journey will take around 80 to 90 minutes to get me where I need to be.. My question is this, should I get paid for the extra travel time to and from?
I'm on a five hour a day contract and this take it up to eight hours including travel. I'm sure I'll get my bus fares paid for, won't I?
Each bus journey will take around 80 to 90 minutes to get me where I need to be.. My question is this, should I get paid for the extra travel time to and from?
I'm on a five hour a day contract and this take it up to eight hours including travel. I'm sure I'll get my bus fares paid for, won't I?
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3288
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Travel time
you reort to your own office first then they transport you to loan office and remember your finish time is when you get back to your own office
-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Travel time
Go to your own office, its up to them to get you there. If they sat owt just say you misunderstood as you don't have transport to get there.DaisyDoodles wrote:I walk to work, 15 minutes door to door. Today (on my day off) I was sent a text and told that tomorrow I have to go to another office a fair few miles away, on loan. As I don't have business insurance on the car I'll have to use buses to and from.
Each bus journey will take around 80 to 90 minutes to get me where I need to be.. My question is this, should I get paid for the extra travel time to and from?
I'm on a five hour a day contract and this take it up to eight hours including travel. I'm sure I'll get my bus fares paid for, won't I?
-
Kobi72
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Travel time
Don't use buses..it is there responsibility to get you to the other office,sign in at your office at your official start time,then allow time at the end of the day to get back to your do at your official finish time..travelling time is included in your days work..hope that makes sense as I'm feeling ill
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Travel time
Yep’ take a van or get one of the many bosses to take you and pick you up and they can claim the lucrative mileage allowance,it will give them a purpose in life”
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Travel time
Whoever sent the text is trying to have you for a mug.
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Travel time
turn up and say what text?
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Travel time
Or, if you don't mind then just drive to the other office. But remember, one days favour ...
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Travel time
Get the bus from your office at your start time...once you're at the new office take an hours worth of work then get the bus back...be the best day ever! Guarantee they'll never send you again.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Travel time
It’s your day off so you don’t have to do anything
-
DaisyDoodles
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
- Gender: Female
Travel time
Thanks for this... If only I'd have realised. I've not signed in at the other office at all, just advised our DOM of my start/finish times.Kobi72 wrote:Don't use buses..it is there responsibility to get you to the other office,sign in at your office at your official start time,then allow time at the end of the day to get back to your do at your official finish time..travelling time is included in your days work..hope that makes sense as I'm feeling ill
I have a horrible feeling that the extra three hours I've spent in my own time getting to thus DO won't be covered.
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Travel time
I highly doubt they will pay you for travelling on a bus which they will say is by your own choice using a slower means of transport.
They never give you enough information regarding things like this. When I was new, I was told I wasn't able to claim the extra time It takes to get to the other office as I get mileage. So i missed out on month's of extra time that went unclaimed.
They never give you enough information regarding things like this. When I was new, I was told I wasn't able to claim the extra time It takes to get to the other office as I get mileage. So i missed out on month's of extra time that went unclaimed.
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Travel time
live and learn. but don't be skanked again and take your breaks.DaisyDoodles wrote:Thanks for this... If only I'd have realised. I've not signed in at the other office at all, just advised our DOM of my start/finish times.Kobi72 wrote:Don't use buses..it is there responsibility to get you to the other office,sign in at your office at your official start time,then allow time at the end of the day to get back to your do at your official finish time..travelling time is included in your days work..hope that makes sense as I'm feeling ill
I have a horrible feeling that the extra three hours I've spent in my own time getting to thus DO won't be covered.