ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No more holidays till January

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

No more holidays till January

Post by Tinoblade »

A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

No more holidays till January

Post by Glp28357 »

Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
I started in April last year and apart from 4 days holiday in June, which were pre-booked when I started, I had no holiday until February this year, when I had to take 3 weeks' holiday.
matt_1983
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 08:39
Gender: Male

No more holidays till January

Post by matt_1983 »

Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
Welcome to Royal Mail. Annual leave allocation is an absolute joke.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

No more holidays till January

Post by Tinoblade »

matt_1983 wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
Welcome to Royal Mail. Annual leave allocation is an absolute joke.
Yeah it’s not ideal, guess I’ll have to go without now. Oh well at least I’ll get some lovely rainy holidays early next year
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

No more holidays till January

Post by Postie45 »

January isnt the worst time of year to get holiday, you will just have come through the crazy xmas period, and gives you the chance to get away somewhere warm instead of the freezing UK
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

No more holidays till January

Post by Spedley »

Postie45 wrote:January isnt the worst time of year to get holiday, you will just have come through the crazy xmas period, and gives you the chance to get away somewhere warm instead of the freezing UK
On my wage? I haven't been out of the country in 20 years!
therailway
Posts: 100
Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
Gender: Male

No more holidays till January

Post by therailway »

Don't you remember telling them about your pre-booked holidays during your interview??? They will honour pre-booked holidays for new recruits, as long as they were told during the interview, hint hint!! I believe a maximum of two weeks, enjoy your holiday!
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

No more holidays till January

Post by Navalron »

Crap. So a lino f...s up his duties and his mate tells YOU that you can't have your holidays. No way. Where's the rep. If none get on to area. There's too many offices without union representatives and f....g idiot managers it seems these days. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

No more holidays till January

Post by twoloops »

Override the manager & union, contact HR, you will get your holidays, the lad I've been working with this week as 2 weeks off middle of August & tells me he's coming in for pay, this should not happen when folk can not get holidays :evil/mad
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

No more holidays till January

Post by Postie45 »

Spedley wrote:
Postie45 wrote:January isnt the worst time of year to get holiday, you will just have come through the crazy xmas period, and gives you the chance to get away somewhere warm instead of the freezing UK
On my wage? I haven't been out of the country in 20 years!
haha, but it probably isnt as expensive to go abroad as you may think these days many cheap flights about.
DaisyDoodles
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
Gender: Female

No more holidays till January

Post by DaisyDoodles »

Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation

Same in our office. I'm a newbie but had a week prebooked in November which I told them about at interview.

Reminded them on first day to be told that November holiday isn't allowed... I said it is, it's prebooked and paid for. Fast forward six weeks, get asked if I really need November holiday... Errr, yes!

Asked about any other time off and told no weeks available until January, but I can have the odd Wednesday off here and there.