ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No more holidays till January
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
No more holidays till January
A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
No more holidays till January
I started in April last year and apart from 4 days holiday in June, which were pre-booked when I started, I had no holiday until February this year, when I had to take 3 weeks' holiday.Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
-
matt_1983
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 08:39
- Gender: Male
No more holidays till January
Welcome to Royal Mail. Annual leave allocation is an absolute joke.Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
No more holidays till January
Yeah it’s not ideal, guess I’ll have to go without now. Oh well at least I’ll get some lovely rainy holidays early next yearmatt_1983 wrote:Welcome to Royal Mail. Annual leave allocation is an absolute joke.Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
No more holidays till January
January isnt the worst time of year to get holiday, you will just have come through the crazy xmas period, and gives you the chance to get away somewhere warm instead of the freezing UK
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
No more holidays till January
On my wage? I haven't been out of the country in 20 years!Postie45 wrote:January isnt the worst time of year to get holiday, you will just have come through the crazy xmas period, and gives you the chance to get away somewhere warm instead of the freezing UK
-
therailway
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
- Gender: Male
No more holidays till January
Don't you remember telling them about your pre-booked holidays during your interview??? They will honour pre-booked holidays for new recruits, as long as they were told during the interview, hint hint!! I believe a maximum of two weeks, enjoy your holiday!
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
No more holidays till January
Crap. So a lino f...s up his duties and his mate tells YOU that you can't have your holidays. No way. Where's the rep. If none get on to area. There's too many offices without union representatives and f....g idiot managers it seems these days.

-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
No more holidays till January
Override the manager & union, contact HR, you will get your holidays, the lad I've been working with this week as 2 weeks off middle of August & tells me he's coming in for pay, this should not happen when folk can not get holidays 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
No more holidays till January
haha, but it probably isnt as expensive to go abroad as you may think these days many cheap flights about.Spedley wrote:On my wage? I haven't been out of the country in 20 years!Postie45 wrote:January isnt the worst time of year to get holiday, you will just have come through the crazy xmas period, and gives you the chance to get away somewhere warm instead of the freezing UK
-
DaisyDoodles
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
- Gender: Female
No more holidays till January
Tinoblade wrote:A manager has stated that there had been some mess up regarding holidays and who was in charge of it. But now he’s saying there aren’t no holidays available from now until January. Having recently started how am I supposed to use my holiday entitlement. Surely that can’t be right? Going to ask tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has heard a similar situation
Same in our office. I'm a newbie but had a week prebooked in November which I told them about at interview.
Reminded them on first day to be told that November holiday isn't allowed... I said it is, it's prebooked and paid for. Fast forward six weeks, get asked if I really need November holiday... Errr, yes!
Asked about any other time off and told no weeks available until January, but I can have the odd Wednesday off here and there.