ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Muscle recovery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Rapidryan88 »

I doubt many do as everyone just gets on with it but is there anyone on here that takes a muscle recovery supplement to recover faster? Was thinking of taking bcaa again as that was great for after the gym and at the minute my legs are hurt every day
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Creditshampoo »

Any protein based food has BCAAs in but it’s still worth having extra.
I have a protein shake and I notice the difference massively when I run out.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Creditshampoo wrote:Any protein based food has BCAAs in but it’s still worth having extra.
I have a protein shake and I notice the difference massively when I run out.
Thank you, I’ve tried bcaa’s before and they were great for helping me recover meanwhile making me feel more energetic so I’ve ordered some more cause this weather just zaps the energy out of me
blisterfeet
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by blisterfeet »

Rapidryan88 wrote:I doubt many do as everyone just gets on with it but is there anyone on here that takes a muscle recovery supplement to recover faster? Was thinking of taking bcaa again as that was great for after the gym and at the minute my legs are hurt every day
Are you drinking enough water as well?
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Justanotherstar »

HMB and creatine are excellent, chuck a scoop of each in a protein shake after your shift, get them all from myprotein.com this code: QBN3T-OZEB-50J1 will get you 35% off but is only valid until tonight (theres usually new codes every other day)

Also Take a vit c supp (i get the berry flavour ones from sainsbury's for a quid)
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Rapidryan88 »

blisterfeet wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I doubt many do as everyone just gets on with it but is there anyone on here that takes a muscle recovery supplement to recover faster? Was thinking of taking bcaa again as that was great for after the gym and at the minute my legs are hurt every day
Are you drinking enough water as well?
I tend to drink 1-1.5 litres on a walk maybe I need 2? I don’t really feel thirsty because I drink periodically
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Justanotherstar wrote:HMB and creatine are excellent, chuck a scoop of each in a protein shake after your shift, get them all from myprotein.com this code: QBN3T-OZEB-50J1 will get you 35% off but is only valid until tonight (theres usually new codes every other day)

Also Take a vit c supp (i get the berry flavour ones from sainsbury's for a quid)
Might try if the bcaa stops helping so thank you
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Muscle recovery

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

When people ask for advice abuse, no matter how mild, is not welcome and will be deleted, 1 post and requote deleted.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by wacko74 »

It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Muscle recovery

Post by k979aaa »

wacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
And do it for 52 or more years!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by wacko74 »

k979aaa wrote:
wacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
And do it for 52 or more years!

Exactly!
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Rapidryan88 »

wacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
My body is pretty weak which isn’t great and this weather isn’t helping and also money isn’t a problem cause it’s cheap so if this helps me have some more energy (I’m only a month into the job) then great because at the minute I’m aching and tired 24/7. And no way am I going back to my old job
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by wacko74 »

Rapidryan88 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
My body is pretty weak which isn’t great and this weather isn’t helping and also money isn’t a problem cause it’s cheap so if this helps me have some more energy (I’m only a month into the job) then great because at the minute I’m aching and tired 24/7. And no way am I going back to my old job

You don't have to justify it, I wasn't criticising you, just saying that no job should leave people in actual physical pain at the end of their working day and needing supplements or even medication to recover from it!
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by Rapidryan88 »

wacko74 wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
My body is pretty weak which isn’t great and this weather isn’t helping and also money isn’t a problem cause it’s cheap so if this helps me have some more energy (I’m only a month into the job) then great because at the minute I’m aching and tired 24/7. And no way am I going back to my old job

You don't have to justify it, I wasn't criticising you, just saying that no job should leave people in actual physical pain at the end of their working day and needing supplements or even medication to recover from it!
Oh okay thank you :) my body is just weak so that’s the main reason I think some people just aren’t cut out for the job lol moneyis great though so I’ll be fighting theough
postslippete
Posts: 4197
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Muscle recovery

Post by postslippete »

Have you tried Thai massage?? Best thing for relieving muscle/joint pain
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.