ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Muscle recovery
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
I doubt many do as everyone just gets on with it but is there anyone on here that takes a muscle recovery supplement to recover faster? Was thinking of taking bcaa again as that was great for after the gym and at the minute my legs are hurt every day
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
Any protein based food has BCAAs in but it’s still worth having extra.
I have a protein shake and I notice the difference massively when I run out.
I have a protein shake and I notice the difference massively when I run out.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
Thank you, I’ve tried bcaa’s before and they were great for helping me recover meanwhile making me feel more energetic so I’ve ordered some more cause this weather just zaps the energy out of meCreditshampoo wrote:Any protein based food has BCAAs in but it’s still worth having extra.
I have a protein shake and I notice the difference massively when I run out.
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
Are you drinking enough water as well?Rapidryan88 wrote:I doubt many do as everyone just gets on with it but is there anyone on here that takes a muscle recovery supplement to recover faster? Was thinking of taking bcaa again as that was great for after the gym and at the minute my legs are hurt every day
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
HMB and creatine are excellent, chuck a scoop of each in a protein shake after your shift, get them all from myprotein.com this code: QBN3T-OZEB-50J1 will get you 35% off but is only valid until tonight (theres usually new codes every other day)
Also Take a vit c supp (i get the berry flavour ones from sainsbury's for a quid)
Also Take a vit c supp (i get the berry flavour ones from sainsbury's for a quid)
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
I tend to drink 1-1.5 litres on a walk maybe I need 2? I don’t really feel thirsty because I drink periodicallyblisterfeet wrote:Are you drinking enough water as well?Rapidryan88 wrote:I doubt many do as everyone just gets on with it but is there anyone on here that takes a muscle recovery supplement to recover faster? Was thinking of taking bcaa again as that was great for after the gym and at the minute my legs are hurt every day
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
Might try if the bcaa stops helping so thank youJustanotherstar wrote:HMB and creatine are excellent, chuck a scoop of each in a protein shake after your shift, get them all from myprotein.com this code: QBN3T-OZEB-50J1 will get you 35% off but is only valid until tonight (theres usually new codes every other day)
Also Take a vit c supp (i get the berry flavour ones from sainsbury's for a quid)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Muscle recovery
When people ask for advice abuse, no matter how mild, is not welcome and will be deleted, 1 post and requote deleted.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Muscle recovery
And do it for 52 or more years!wacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
k979aaa wrote:And do it for 52 or more years!wacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
Exactly!
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
My body is pretty weak which isn’t great and this weather isn’t helping and also money isn’t a problem cause it’s cheap so if this helps me have some more energy (I’m only a month into the job) then great because at the minute I’m aching and tired 24/7. And no way am I going back to my old jobwacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
Rapidryan88 wrote:My body is pretty weak which isn’t great and this weather isn’t helping and also money isn’t a problem cause it’s cheap so if this helps me have some more energy (I’m only a month into the job) then great because at the minute I’m aching and tired 24/7. And no way am I going back to my old jobwacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
You don't have to justify it, I wasn't criticising you, just saying that no job should leave people in actual physical pain at the end of their working day and needing supplements or even medication to recover from it!
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
Oh okay thank you :) my body is just weak so that’s the main reason I think some people just aren’t cut out for the job lol moneyis great though so I’ll be fighting theoughwacko74 wrote:Rapidryan88 wrote:My body is pretty weak which isn’t great and this weather isn’t helping and also money isn’t a problem cause it’s cheap so if this helps me have some more energy (I’m only a month into the job) then great because at the minute I’m aching and tired 24/7. And no way am I going back to my old jobwacko74 wrote:It's crazy that people are having to resort to these measures of taking various supplements to try and help their bodies recover from this job, it's the kind of thing athletes might have to do to recover from high intensity competing or training... but I suspect the rewards they get for putting their bodies through so much pain and abuse are a lot better than around £11 ph!
You don't have to justify it, I wasn't criticising you, just saying that no job should leave people in actual physical pain at the end of their working day and needing supplements or even medication to recover from it!
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Muscle recovery
Have you tried Thai massage?? Best thing for relieving muscle/joint pain
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.