I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Holiday
22.5 days. Holidays go from april to april so its more likely you will have 18/19 days this year. Booking of holidays can be different in every office ie large office n small will have a different way of allocation of holidays.Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Holiday
Thank you! :)Clared wrote:22.5 days. Holidays go from april to april so its more likely you will have 18/19 days this year. Booking of holidays can be different in every office ie large office n small will have a different way of allocation of holidays.Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Holiday
Make sure you tell them all your holiday dates that you want for this current holiday year straight away as they will honour existing holiday otherwise you’ll have to fit in where there is a gap.Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Holiday
Can't say the same for everyone but holidays are a bit of a mare at our place. We have to book ours at least a year in advance and even then you don't always get what you want. One of the worst elements of this job in my opinion. Took some getting used to 'coz at my old job I could take a day's holiday if and when, as long as I hsd holiday to use.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Holiday
That really sucks, no ones even asked me for my holiday they just asked for any specific dates from my interview that I mentionedDaisyDoodles wrote:I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Holiday
Tomorrow when its relatively quite pop into the manager's inner sanctum (the canteen?) and ask him what weeks are free and apply for those that you want. Do not let them carry them over, by law you have to have the opportunity to take at least your statutory leave.Rapidryan88 wrote:That really sucks, no ones even asked me for my holiday they just asked for any specific dates from my interview that I mentionedDaisyDoodles wrote:I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.