ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Highrider
Posts: 27
Joined: 10 May 2018, 19:59
Gender: Female

Pay

Post by Highrider »

Got my contract today says I will get £462 per week subject to clause 12 pension benefits how much does this mean I take home a week ? Fussing it includes the delivery supplement too ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Highrider wrote:Got my contract today says I will get £462 per week subject to clause 12 pension benefits how much does this mean I take home a week ? Fussing it includes the delivery supplement too ?
£462 is the gross rate for a FT so you need to take into account Tax and NI, the hours you work and as far as I know it does include the supplement (my pay rate is £432 without it)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Pay

Post by BELIAL »

:hmmmm FT recruit ? must be ten years since that last happened in my area.
Bye
Highrider
Posts: 27
Joined: 10 May 2018, 19:59
Gender: Female

Pay

Post by Highrider »

I am only contacted to 25 hours so don’t get why this amount was in my contract
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

Pay

Post by Xr4 »

Highrider wrote:I am only contacted to 25 hours so don’t get why this amount was in my contract
It's pro-rata, if you worked full time you'd get that amount.
Ambull
Posts: 20
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 13:43
Gender: Female

Pay

Post by Ambull »

Highrider wrote:I am only contacted to 25 hours so don’t get why this amount was in my contract
I've just received my contract and it says £389.63 per week (pro rata for part time). My contracted hours are 25 per week making my weekly pay £249.75 or £9.99 per hour.