ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DOM'S Only Dancing...
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
Me and my partner were riffing today, during out break and we came up with this....apologises and credit to David Bowie...I'm Only Only Dancin.
If you like it, hum along by your frame, happy days..if not, well....just tihnk happy y thoughts today ...
Well, DOM'S got ya beat, always add more street,
Now I'm awful strong , bet your life he's pissing us off,
Oh Lordy, Oh Lordy, Boss know I need to cut off
DOM, I'm not lapsing,
You can go on, but I'm not lapsing
you can strop on, don't get me wrong
I'm not lapsing.
Oh, doubt me being quick and lean,
I am not a machine,
I see you watching thru PDA, don't pretend you ever cared,
Oh Lordy, oh Lordy, you know I need to cut off,
heed me, hear me,
DOM, I'm not lapsing,
you can go on, but I'm not lapsing
you can sulk on, don't get me wrong
I'm not lapsing
If you like it, hum along by your frame, happy days..if not, well....just tihnk happy y thoughts today ...
Well, DOM'S got ya beat, always add more street,
Now I'm awful strong , bet your life he's pissing us off,
Oh Lordy, Oh Lordy, Boss know I need to cut off
DOM, I'm not lapsing,
You can go on, but I'm not lapsing
you can strop on, don't get me wrong
I'm not lapsing.
Oh, doubt me being quick and lean,
I am not a machine,
I see you watching thru PDA, don't pretend you ever cared,
Oh Lordy, oh Lordy, you know I need to cut off,
heed me, hear me,
DOM, I'm not lapsing,
you can go on, but I'm not lapsing
you can sulk on, don't get me wrong
I'm not lapsing
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
It's amazing how many songs can have the lyrics changed to make it RM related. My personal favourites are...
Ultravox - Dancing (Lapsing) with tears in my eyes
Handbags & the Gladrags which becomes Handbacks & the Lapsing (which your poor old gaffa bullied you to do).
Theres a lot more but i can't think of them without the radio on.
Ultravox - Dancing (Lapsing) with tears in my eyes
Handbags & the Gladrags which becomes Handbacks & the Lapsing (which your poor old gaffa bullied you to do).
Theres a lot more but i can't think of them without the radio on.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
"Sing It Back" by Moloko became " Bring It Back " in our office until the DIM said he'd conduct anyone for incitement to unofficial industrial action for singing it

Last edited by noggin1969 on 01 Jul 2018, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
DOM'S Only Dancing...
that is the saddest thing in RM i have ever heardnoggin1969 wrote:"Sing It Back" by Moloko became " Bring It Back " in our office until the DIM said he'd conduct anyone for incitement to unofficial industrial action for sing it![]()
![]()
-
paranoid-android
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 09:17
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
It’s true, but it didn’t stop us singing it and were now on D-I-M version 12.6 nownoggin1969 wrote:"Sing It Back" by Moloko became " Bring It Back " in our office until the DIM said he'd conduct anyone for incitement to unofficial industrial action for singing it![]()
![]()
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
YMCA by the Village People with "Young Man" replaced with "One Plan"?
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
arnold cheshire wrote:that is the saddest thing in RM i have ever heardnoggin1969 wrote:"Sing It Back" by Moloko became " Bring It Back " in our office until the DIM said he'd conduct anyone for incitement to unofficial industrial action for sing it![]()
![]()
same on our office , "leave it the door and say no more" with a catchy wee tune attached was our song. Bit of a laugh for the office until the DOM came out with the same thing about unofficial industrial action.
I honestly believe that in a royal mail managers job description it must include " must be a 5 star cock "
-
patman_post
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 16:24
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
Docket Man
"And this splits gonna take a long long time
'Till the DOM brings me half a round again to find
I'm the man they always see at home
Oh no no no I'm a docket man
Docket man burning out his fuse out here alone"
"And this splits gonna take a long long time
'Till the DOM brings me half a round again to find
I'm the man they always see at home
Oh no no no I'm a docket man
Docket man burning out his fuse out here alone"
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
Ha ha! Love that!patman_post wrote:Docket Man
"And this splits gonna take a long long time
'Till the DOM brings me half a round again to find
I'm the man they always see at home
Oh no no no I'm a docket man
Docket man burning out his fuse out here alone"
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3345
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
There was a group of Posties many years ago that put some songs on YouTube. Off the top of my head I can only remember 'I already walk 500 miles, but Royal Mail want 500 more'. Visionaries.
The machine stops.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
DOM'S Only Dancing...
The dodgyclaimersMr Rush wrote:There was a group of Posties many years ago that put some songs on YouTube. Off the top of my head I can only remember 'I already walk 500 miles, but Royal Mail want 500 more'. Visionaries.
other hits from their back catalogue.
HEY HEY WE'RE THE POSTIES.
'Bullshit On The Wall'.
I Don't Lapse Fridays.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
DOM'S Only Dancing...
These are bloody brilliant! Especially love I Don't Lapse Fridays, lol.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.