ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Applied about a month ago; keep getting fobbed off. Asked again today and my Lino told me my request was declined as I can only apply once every two years and I was reimbursed last October.

I thought you could claim every 6 months? Can anyone advise please?
mallard63
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 10:52
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by mallard63 »

Hi. You have an automatic right to two pairs every year, however if you can show that you are getting through a pair faster than once every 6 months then you can request the additional footwear. I personally claim about every 3 months and get reimbursed the 30 pounds each time. This also applies to Royal Mail issue footwear. Your manager can authorise the additional items over and above the standard allocation!! I think this policy of 2 pairs is now ludicrously out of step !
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by eastie »

One pair every 6 months
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Applied about a month ago; keep getting fobbed off. Asked again today and my Lino told me my request was declined as I can only apply once every two years and I was reimbursed last October.

I thought you could claim every 6 months? Can anyone advise please?
Total nonsense from your lino as usual get mine at least twice a year. has he: she even put your request in along with your receipt.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by Creditshampoo »

Another lying DOM
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by beanmuncha »

If you wear out your shoes working, then they need replaced no matter how many times a year, your Manager has not a clue.
Ask your rep and your H&S rep to get involved and make sure other members in your office know this.
If he still refuses ask what are you supposed to wear and refuse to go out, because if you fell and you had no tread on your shoes then it will be your fault.
We have a member who wears out all of RM footwear in about 2 months, he is 6ft 4" and well built and the hassle every 2 mths he has.
Always photocopy the recipt as managers have a habit of losing things like that.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by crimson king »

[think this policy of 2 pairs is now ludicrously out of step !
Since topic is about footwear, I love what you did there :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by crimson king »

I can never get that quote and copy thing to work on my phone! :arrrghhh
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

crimson king wrote:I can never get that quote and copy thing to work on my phone! :arrrghhh

Sorted

(see what I did there :chuckle )
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by crimson king »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
crimson king wrote:I can never get that quote and copy thing to work on my phone! :arrrghhh

Sorted

(see what I did there :chuckle )
:chuckle :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I actually applied about 3 months ago. Heard nothing, kept reminding Lino who eventually told me they needed a receipt so I went out and bought some new trainers and supplied them with the receipt.

Because I have actually purchased them I can't play the my trainers are worn out card. The trainers I bought are a little bit too big and I can't wear them so I am wearing my old ones which are worn on the sole.

Where do I go from here? Why do they make it so difficult? Last time I applied was in May of last year and I didn't receive payment until October.
Hitcher
Posts: 1532
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by Hitcher »

I get about 3 months out of my Brooks trainers and haven't had a problem yet. Mind you I think he knows if he refuses I'll be off sick with bad feet within a week or so of wearing worn out ones.

On a side note: I do notice that he uses my uniform account to order various size trainers from Dimensions obviously for other people in the office.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I’ve got the union involved now. Does it actually state anywhere in black and white that you can claim twice a year?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:I’ve got the union involved now. Does it actually state anywhere in black and white that you can claim twice a year?
Not sure if it does but when your trainers or shoes are worn out you obviously need new ones.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

How often can you claim for footwear reimbursement?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

aiden01 wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:I’ve got the union involved now. Does it actually state anywhere in black and white that you can claim twice a year?
Not sure if it does but when your trainers or shoes are worn out you obviously need new ones.
AFAIK it doesn't state a limit of any kind anywhere.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.