ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New posties being paid only 7.77 per hour.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

New posties being paid only 7.77 per hour.

Post by Navalron »

New jobs paid at £7.77 per hour. This is from the official RM website for jobs. It states that the wage for new starts is £7.77. All the new jobs are in delivery. It should be £9.99 min when you first start with a pay rise at six and twelve months at which time it is £11.10 per hour except London. Is this a new post agreement start rate which must be wrong as even the minimum wage is £7.83 per hour. Jesus for all they have hired 30 new personnel managers in the last 7 months they can't even get a basic job advert correct. Wtf. :thumbdown
Vwtouran
Posts: 95
Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 18:54
Gender: Male

New posties being paid only £7.77 per hour.

Post by Vwtouran »

Age 17 £7.77 + 6 months +12 months
Age 18 £9.99 £10.54 £11.10
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

New posties being paid only £7.77 per hour.

Post by Navalron »

Vwtouran.Yes I know mate but it's not at all clear and I think they will change it once they are not getting as many people applying.
Dannybuca
Posts: 49
Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
Gender: Male

New posties being paid only £7.77 per hour.

Post by Dannybuca »

I hit six months service this weekend (started 8th Jan). When am I likely to see an uplift?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

New posties being paid only £7.77 per hour.

Post by crimson king »

Dannybuca wrote:I hit six months service this weekend (started 8th Jan). When am I likely to see an uplift?
I think the term is six months 'survival', not service :dance
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

New posties being paid only 7.77 per hour.

Post by wacko74 »

All the adverts I've seen for opg jobs sate £7.xx per hour to £17.xx per hour!

Don't know where they're getting the £17 per hour from!
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

New posties being paid only 7.77 per hour.

Post by crimson king »

wacko74 wrote:All the adverts I've seen for opg jobs sate £7.xx per hour to £17.xx per hour!

Don't know where they're getting the £17 per hour from!
£17 per hour? Maybe this is part of the four pillars agreement that hasn't been revealed yet. This is what all the 'on the cusp' business was about, I bet!

I knew it'd all come good in the end...

Sigh.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

New posties being paid only 7.77 per hour.

Post by rambo1 »

crimson king wrote:
wacko74 wrote:All the adverts I've seen for opg jobs sate £7.xx per hour to £17.xx per hour!

Don't know where they're getting the £17 per hour from!
£17 per hour? Maybe this is part of the four pillars agreement that hasn't been revealed yet. This is what all the 'on the cusp' business was about, I bet!

I knew it'd all come good in the end...

Sigh.
It's maybe taking into account ghost overtime lol
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

New posties being paid only £7.77 per hour.

Post by fb1969 »

Dannybuca wrote:I hit six months service this weekend (started 8th Jan). When am I likely to see an uplift?
In your pay from 08 Jul 18 - should be automatic, six months from your start date.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Dannybuca
Posts: 49
Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
Gender: Male

New posties being paid only £7.77 per hour.

Post by Dannybuca »

fb1969 wrote:
Dannybuca wrote:I hit six months service this weekend (started 8th Jan). When am I likely to see an uplift?
In your pay from 08 Jul 18 - should be automatic, six months from your start date.
I'll believe it when I see it :pray