ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bringing back ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Bringing back ?

Post by danterossetti »

Hello Everyone. I have read about 'bringing back' quite a bit on these forums. Would anyone care to comment what it is and how it works please?

At our office we follow a cutting off procedure and only take out what we think we can get shut of and leave the rest for the manager to deal with.

Thanks.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Bringing back ?

Post by hothothot »

You agree before you go out with the lino or Dom .if you can't complete your delivery they either take work off you before you go out , or you agree you will bring work back , which is usually letters. They will want tracked and specias delivered. sometimes Thiers s a disagreement between postie and management about how much your able to deliver within your time. It's no good them saying they will take off 1 loop when you know you'll still go over , that's why you say to them, fair enough one loop off but if I can't complete on time I'll be bringing stuff back , what would you like me to prioritize. Always make sure you have a college witness the conversation.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Bringing back ?

Post by Creditshampoo »

Please try to never bring stuff back. Always get stuff taken off. If your manager is still difficult and there’s not a rep around they must write in the diary that you contest the amount of work you’ve been given that way you’re covered in case.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Bringing back ?

Post by frankieboy »

Over the past 2 weeks I've brought lapsing back and my manager has gone spare, so I just quote "check my pda actual". If you follow the precedure of start time, break and finish time then you should not have a problem. We can make this tracking tool to our advantage if only we follow precedure. Beggars belief that managers still think your a liar when they have this software at their beck and call. On another point 2 runners have been pulled up by the manager by using pda actual, :Applause
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Bringing back ?

Post by crimson king »

frankieboy wrote:Over the past 2 weeks I've brought lapsing back and my manager has gone spare, so I just quote "check my pda actual". If you follow the precedure of start time, break and finish time then you should not have a problem. We can make this tracking tool to our advantage if only we follow precedure. Beggars belief that managers still think your a liar when they have this software at their beck and call. On another point 2 runners have been pulled up by the manager by using pda actual, :Applause
I really want to believe we can make this tracking tool to our advantage, I really do and if you're doing your job properly and following procedure it should be a godsend. I just don't think it will happen like that. Royal Mail didn't introduce this to help you or me.

There is no way they brought it in so they could say "you know what, your duty is too long, we can see that now and no wonder you never have time for lapsing. We've also noticed the duty next door to yours appears to be two loops light, so we're giving them two of yours to even things up."

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I genuinely believe this whole PDA Actual malarkey is only going to be used to oppress us further. I hope I'm wrong though. :cuppa
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Bringing back ?

Post by LaggyBand »

crimson king wrote:
frankieboy wrote:Over the past 2 weeks I've brought lapsing back and my manager has gone spare, so I just quote "check my pda actual". If you follow the precedure of start time, break and finish time then you should not have a problem. We can make this tracking tool to our advantage if only we follow precedure. Beggars belief that managers still think your a liar when they have this software at their beck and call. On another point 2 runners have been pulled up by the manager by using pda actual, :Applause
I really want to believe we can make this tracking tool to our advantage, I really do and if you're doing your job properly and following procedure it should be a godsend. I just don't think it will happen like that. Royal Mail didn't introduce this to help you or me.

There is no way they brought it in so they could say "you know what, your duty is too long, we can see that now and no wonder you never have time for lapsing. We've also noticed the duty next door to yours appears to be two loops light, so we're giving them two of yours to even things up."

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I genuinely believe this whole PDA Actual malarkey is only going to be used to oppress us further. I hope I'm wrong though. :cuppa
It’s a stepping stone to a robotic workforce. Gonna take about ten years.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Bringing back ?

Post by Celgar »

crimson king wrote:
frankieboy wrote:Over the past 2 weeks I've brought lapsing back and my manager has gone spare, so I just quote "check my pda actual". If you follow the precedure of start time, break and finish time then you should not have a problem. We can make this tracking tool to our advantage if only we follow precedure. Beggars belief that managers still think your a liar when they have this software at their beck and call. On another point 2 runners have been pulled up by the manager by using pda actual, :Applause
I really want to believe we can make this tracking tool to our advantage, I really do and if you're doing your job properly and following procedure it should be a godsend. I just don't think it will happen like that. Royal Mail didn't introduce this to help you or me.

There is no way they brought it in so they could say "you know what, your duty is too long, we can see that now and no wonder you never have time for lapsing. We've also noticed the duty next door to yours appears to be two loops light, so we're giving them two of yours to even things up."

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I genuinely believe this whole PDA Actual malarkey is only going to be used to oppress us further. I hope I'm wrong though. :cuppa
I get the impression, and hope, and have been told that the PDA data, AHDC, ,& new walk planning tool will all work out fine and there is nothing to worry about. I think if a DO or MC is working efficiently and the staff are doing their best you will have nothing to worry about. You will know in your heart of hearts if there are 'problems' within your place of work, if there is bad management, or if staff are 'taking the p***'. If this is the case then the new technology will bring changes to your lives.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Bringing back ?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:I think if a DO or MC is working efficiently and the staff are doing their best you will have nothing to worry about. You will know in your heart of hearts if there are 'problems' within your place of work, if there is bad management, or if staff are 'taking the p***'.
How many DOs and MCs actually have the proper staffing levels for the work load and don't rely on people doing OT (including those from DOs doing OT in a MC), managers working (doing OPG work), casuals and agency?
Celgar wrote:If this is the case then the new technology will bring changes to your lives.
Some technology actually slows things down, worst thing in recent years are the conveyors as they half the number of people that can be sorting at a given time, and they reduce the flexibility (before them extra crashes and duplicate roads could be set up as needed)