ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Shorts too.... short
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
We all know that the RM uniform isn't really up to much scratch. The blue shirts don't stay blue for very long, the trousers very quickly end up with the pockets being holy (and we don't even wear them on a Sunday), the fleeces are lovely and cosy in the colder months but are sweat machines when you just want to cover up slightly, I've yet to have a pair of shoes or boots last 6 months, etc etc.
But the other day I dug out my shorts which I somehow haven't worn in over 3 years. They are so incredibly short! Maybe I'm just modest but I don't really fancy walking around with my thighs out all day. The oversimplified standardisation of the uniform sizes is just completely off. Not everyone with a 32 waist size is the same height...
Same goes with the shirts, when have you ever bought a shirt that only had the size ranges S M L etc!?
Trying to get new uniform is like pulling teeth at times, but if they made them of decent quality and in THE RIGHT SIZES then maybe we wouldn't have to keep re-ordering so often!
I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
But the other day I dug out my shorts which I somehow haven't worn in over 3 years. They are so incredibly short! Maybe I'm just modest but I don't really fancy walking around with my thighs out all day. The oversimplified standardisation of the uniform sizes is just completely off. Not everyone with a 32 waist size is the same height...
Same goes with the shirts, when have you ever bought a shirt that only had the size ranges S M L etc!?
Trying to get new uniform is like pulling teeth at times, but if they made them of decent quality and in THE RIGHT SIZES then maybe we wouldn't have to keep re-ordering so often!
I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
You or your shorts must be a rather odd size... Usually the shorts are far too long and you end up sporting that ridiculous look of shorts that go 3/4 of the way down your leg like some LA gang banger!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
In summer I wore Craghoppers Kiwi walking shorts which you can buy on ebay or Amazon. Comfortable and hardwearing.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
Yeah i find the shorts far to long, most people in our office fold them up a couple of turns from the knee until you reach the lower pocketwacko74 wrote:You or your shorts must be a rather odd size... Usually the shorts are far too long and you end up sporting that ridiculous look of shorts that go 3/4 of the way down your leg like some LA gang banger!
F or some reason i've got Gangsters Paradise in my head now
-
DaisyDoodles
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
- Gender: Female
Shorts too.... short
My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
They’re too long if anything. Most ppl have them rolled up, some a little too far 
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
I wear fed ex shorts off my son, much better than the crap rm give us
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Shorts too.... short
Too late, they are doing away with them. They only have very large sizes left.Chewster wrote: I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
Best to buy your own u can get them quite cheap, always found the RM ones hard to wear, I had to hammer the back and sides in after that they where ok, but not comfortable like the ones I used to wear for school.NewPostieUK wrote:Too late, they are doing away with them. They only have very large sizes left.Chewster wrote: I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
I'm tall but quite slim so I think the overly standardised waist only size selection must be made for people shorter than myself
That's exactly what mine are like! Maybe I just have very feminine legs...DaisyDoodles wrote:My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
Aww you're right enough, seem to be completely out of stock now. Shame that, usually 80 odd quid for a pair of docsNewPostieUK wrote:Too late, they are doing away with them. They only have very large sizes left.Chewster wrote: I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Shorts too.... short
DaisyDoodles wrote:My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
Ha!! LMAO!, when they are as short as the old Liverpool F.C. shorts back in the eighties,then they are short! Only gay in the village or notkrussel wrote:DaisyDoodles wrote:My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3345
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Shorts too.... short
I've been trying to get a new pair of Docs for months now, but all that's ever listed is size 15. I'm beginning to think they have ditched them.Chewster wrote:I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
The machine stops.