ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shorts too.... short

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by Chewster »

We all know that the RM uniform isn't really up to much scratch. The blue shirts don't stay blue for very long, the trousers very quickly end up with the pockets being holy (and we don't even wear them on a Sunday), the fleeces are lovely and cosy in the colder months but are sweat machines when you just want to cover up slightly, I've yet to have a pair of shoes or boots last 6 months, etc etc.

But the other day I dug out my shorts which I somehow haven't worn in over 3 years. They are so incredibly short! Maybe I'm just modest but I don't really fancy walking around with my thighs out all day. The oversimplified standardisation of the uniform sizes is just completely off. Not everyone with a 32 waist size is the same height...

Same goes with the shirts, when have you ever bought a shirt that only had the size ranges S M L etc!?

Trying to get new uniform is like pulling teeth at times, but if they made them of decent quality and in THE RIGHT SIZES then maybe we wouldn't have to keep re-ordering so often!

I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by wacko74 »

You or your shorts must be a rather odd size... Usually the shorts are far too long and you end up sporting that ridiculous look of shorts that go 3/4 of the way down your leg like some LA gang banger!
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by baldrick »

In summer I wore Craghoppers Kiwi walking shorts which you can buy on ebay or Amazon. Comfortable and hardwearing.
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by A2B »

wacko74 wrote:You or your shorts must be a rather odd size... Usually the shorts are far too long and you end up sporting that ridiculous look of shorts that go 3/4 of the way down your leg like some LA gang banger!
Yeah i find the shorts far to long, most people in our office fold them up a couple of turns from the knee until you reach the lower pocket

F or some reason i've got Gangsters Paradise in my head now :cool
DaisyDoodles
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 May 2018, 15:16
Gender: Female

Shorts too.... short

Post by DaisyDoodles »

My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by Postie45 »

Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by Jpro747 »

They’re too long if anything. Most ppl have them rolled up, some a little too far :shock:
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by gunho »

I wear fed ex shorts off my son, much better than the crap rm give us
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Shorts too.... short

Post by NewPostieUK »

Chewster wrote: I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
Too late, they are doing away with them. They only have very large sizes left.
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by woody38 »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Chewster wrote: I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
Too late, they are doing away with them. They only have very large sizes left.
Best to buy your own u can get them quite cheap, always found the RM ones hard to wear, I had to hammer the back and sides in after that they where ok, but not comfortable like the ones I used to wear for school.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by Chewster »

I'm tall but quite slim so I think the overly standardised waist only size selection must be made for people shorter than myself

DaisyDoodles wrote:My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.
That's exactly what mine are like! Maybe I just have very feminine legs...
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by Chewster »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Chewster wrote: I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
Too late, they are doing away with them. They only have very large sizes left.
Aww you're right enough, seem to be completely out of stock now. Shame that, usually 80 odd quid for a pair of docs
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Shorts too.... short

Post by krussel »

DaisyDoodles wrote:My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.
:shock: :shock: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by robbertwhitton »

krussel wrote:
DaisyDoodles wrote:My shorts, ordered in my usual female size, are so tight and so short that they make me look like Daffyd Thomas AKA The Only Gay In The Village.
:shock: :shock: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Ha!! LMAO!, when they are as short as the old Liverpool F.C. shorts back in the eighties,then they are short! Only gay in the village or not
Mr Rush
Posts: 3345
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Shorts too.... short

Post by Mr Rush »

Chewster wrote:I will be getting a pair of the Dr Martens boots though, unless RM have secured themselves the deal of the century then I'm sure they'll do away with them before too long
I've been trying to get a new pair of Docs for months now, but all that's ever listed is size 15. I'm beginning to think they have ditched them. :sad:
The machine stops.