ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Latest Propoganda Rag

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by crimson king »

This is the worst Courier yet, a laugh on every page! I wonder if the 'models' on the front page knew what rubbish slogans they'd be holding?

Two pages championing PDA Actuals and hoorahing about simpler, more intuitive screens...next to a picture of the same screen I've always had on mine...

Letterbox....they're talking about selling empty legs, whatever that means. I'm assuming, seeming as there's an accompanying pic of a barrel that they might mean kegs. Oh and there's a friendly reminder that the current focus is on delivering to neighbours wherever possible :thumbup

Two page spread on employee service results....it's all wonderful, everthing is fine, we've never had it so good and engagement is positively thriving at Exeter apparently. That's nice then.

Oh, it's been Royal Mail's Be Aware Dogs Can Rip Your Face Off Week recently, so that gets three quarters of a page. The company trying to pretend to care. The company, a manager of whom I told the other week I didn't deliver mail to a road because someone's dog was loose, prowling and growling like Cujo when I walked into the road. Said Manager's response? Knock their tomorrow and have a word. My response? It wasn't yes, guvnor, put it that way.

And there's even a pic of a postman wearing a tie which, being a bit dapper myself, I absolutely love. When it's not so hot I'd wear one myself but I'd never hear the end of it.

Epic edition. I, for one, honestly didn't realise it was all so swimmingly wonderful. I'm now convinced that I work for a warm and caring employer who values me as an individual...nay, a family member.

Now I'm suitably filled to the brim with propoganda I think I'll go in an hour early tomorrow for free, take double lapsing, not have a break and go over for nothing until completed. Then I'll drive to the DOM's residence and wash his car.

Can't do enough for a good guvnor and all that. :cuppa
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by Postie45 »

its just amazing to me that they pay US to do this everyday, we should be paying THEM, all hail our glorious overlords !
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by General Mannerheim »

Aww come on you know you want to take it on holiday with you.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by fly-catchers »

I loved the story about the Postie who discovered a house had been burgled. It was the first time in 23 years that the front door was open! It had apparently never been opened before. So how did the woman there get her parcels!
Or the postie who helped a woman with a shattered knee replacement back indoors. That could have done her much more harm than good..
But at least as another postie said "Everybody is happy... Whatever managerment have promised they have delivered!" Happy Days!! :roll:
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by crimson king »

General Mannerheim wrote:Aww come on you know you want to take it on holiday with you.
Ha ha, yes! Brilliant! Neglected to take the piss out of that, ahem, sorry, commend that behaviour...

Seriously though, who packs their suitcase, tuts and then says "doh! Darling! You know what we've forgotten to pack? The latest Courier! So we can gurn with it at the top of Everest! Don't worry though, I have my framed photo of Rico for the bedside table."

Yet these people are amongst us....
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3345
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by Mr Rush »

You guys make Courier sound useless. By holding it above your head all day and trying to remain within the shadow it casts, you can follow RM's advice on remaining 'skin safe'. You can even use it as a fan to help you get through quadruple lapsing in the blazing sun.
The machine stops.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by LaggyBand »

OP, that was hilarious, mirrored my thoughts exactly!

Even picked out the tie too! Hahaha! And the same PDA screen!

Only one you missed is the one about the guys championing their new electronic tags with utter joy! One holding a trophy and the other a precious new born cupped in the palm of his hand!

Or the caring postie who’s trying to take those nectar points away for the good of the land! Wait..is that a gaffers hi vis he’s got on?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by Creditshampoo »

My favourite part was saying random numbers after the 3 or 4 results of the survey. It’s intentionally confusing and not in a percentage because it’s a bad result
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by hothothot »

Your all being absolutely ridiculous , the courier is perfect for wiping one's arse hole.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hothothot wrote:Your all being absolutely ridiculous , the courier is perfect for wiping one's arse hole.
I disagree with the quality of the paper is abysmal and the ink leaves marks in your crack. Even my cat refuses to use her litter tray when I use it as a liner.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by robbertwhitton »

I hated opening it for fear of me convinced I was working for a different company,all smiles and squeaky clean stories,workforce looking intently at doms in front of flip charts on wtll,I sent mine back asking to be taken of the list as nothing is relevant to me and how things are in our little unit,I still got one yesterday so it’s gone back refused,we should do a real life version of it that’s contradicts all topics that they show,it would be hilarious under the fact v fiction page,all a bit cynical know but not far off the truth,the letters get replied to by just about every made up job description there is going,head of this,coordinator of this,etc etc,they are obviously on some high strength dosage of medication to subdue them and get the desired picture of contentment,I guess the real stories and pictures of real workforce under pressure doesn’t make for good reading?
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by Brandy »

Ive been left over a year now and still get mine.Arnt I the lucky one! :cuppa
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by aiden01 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
hothothot wrote:Your all being absolutely ridiculous , the courier is perfect for wiping one's arse hole.
I disagree with the quality of the paper is abysmal and the ink leaves marks in your crack. Even my cat refuses to use her litter tray when I use it as a liner.
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by gunho »

Crimson King. That’s one of the best posts I’ve ever seen, brilliant
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Latest Propoganda Rag

Post by fb1969 »

Brandy wrote:Ive been left over a year now and still get mine.Arnt I the lucky one! :cuppa
If its like our place, they'll still be ordering uniform in your name :Very Happy
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.