Can anyone tell me the policy of sharing a contract with a relative? I.E - Hours split between me and someone else, on the same contract.
I remember hearing about job shares in the past but my manager seems to be unaware of any such scheme.
Was looking to drop hours but maintain them by having my brother maintain them.
Thanks for the help, I did have a search but to no avail.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sharing contract with relative
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Sharing contract with relative
D
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
-
GonePostal
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 22:49
- Gender: Female
Sharing contract with relative
Not a wind up I promise lol =D
He doesn't..but would like too. Question is..can he join RM on a contract that is half my job essentially. (So between us we cover the week)
He doesn't..but would like too. Question is..can he join RM on a contract that is half my job essentially. (So between us we cover the week)
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Sharing contract with relative
lol sure I fancy Saturday off, I will get the wife to do it ! 
-
GonePostal
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 22:49
- Gender: Female
Sharing contract with relative
lol :)
Well we already have part time staff covering odd days of the week..doesn't seem a stretch if they decide to want to join RM. Its essentially a 16 hour split.
Well we already have part time staff covering odd days of the week..doesn't seem a stretch if they decide to want to join RM. Its essentially a 16 hour split.
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Sharing contract with relative
lol only kidding mate, cant say ive heard of it happening but worth a go sure.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sharing contract with relative
Once he is working for Royal Mail and has passed his probation, then you may be able to apply jointly as it will cost Royal Mail nothing extra on a day to day basis but they will need to recruit a replacement for one of you.GonePostal wrote:Not a wind up I promise lol =D
He doesn't..but would like too. Question is..can he join RM on a contract that is half my job essentially. (So between us we cover the week)
However, he certainly can't apply for it before he joins, and it's probably something you'll have to go through the CWU with as it is very likely to impact on any seniority you have and affect any upcoming revision you may have.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.