ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Consistently Underpaid

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jfv999
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Dec 2011, 14:04
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by jfv999 »

Does anyone know where I can find information about procedures for getting arrears paid? A few people in our place are getting underpaid consistently every week and management keep fobbing us off with excuses.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by Creditshampoo »

Your managers doing it intentionally no doubt.
Grievance. Demand it paid next pay day or you’ll take it further IE small claims court
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Consistently Underpaid

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yep grievance is the only way, and a group grievance is even better.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Consistently Underpaid

Post by Navalron »

You need a rep. Please don't tell me there is one in your office. If so you need to bin him.
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by hans solo »

this will be the new culture we are supposed to agree to :left: :left: :left:
bastards nothing changes
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Consistently Underpaid

Post by Brandy »

jfv999 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find information about procedures for getting arrears paid? A few people in our place are getting underpaid consistently every week and management keep fobbing us off with excuses.
How do they get away with it? Its theft and fraud! :no no
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by South_London_Postie »

Your manager is a tool. As said all of you need to put in a grievance. Out of principle none of you should do any more overtime until it’s all sorted.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Consistently Underpaid

Post by k979aaa »

jfv999 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find information about procedures for getting arrears paid? A few people in our place are getting underpaid consistently every week and management keep fobbing us off with excuses.
Stop working overtime and bring it back tell them before you go out then they can do the work they will leave the packets for you the next day even so all of these failures should be reported to senior management by the book that cannot be found by management!
Stewface
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by Stewface »

Happens to me all the time, Since Beginning of Dec 17, until last week. I had only been paid the correct amount of overtime 3 weeks. I had a word with the DOM, he spouted some s**t about its the OPGs responsibly to make sure the P552 is filled out correctly on the day of overtime. Blah Blah Blah, I got bored of listening to him and walked off......

As a result I have not done any overtime for the last 2 weeks, and it has made me feel so much better, just turn up do my job and go home. Instead of hunting around for manager, then hunting round for overtime sheet write OT down, and then not getting paid and have to argue with the DOMs assistant to get paid correctly. And the Tax man takes most of my overtime, I've decided its not worth it.

As a result of not starting early, I've found I don't have time for Lapsing, so its a win win situation.........
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by Celgar »

At one time overtime was generally time and a half. I don't know about other employers but in RM overtime is I think 5% less than what you usually get paid per hour. Before he resigned David Cameron tried to get Saturday & Sunday classed as ordinary working days. Luckily his plan failed and he had to drop the proposal.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by Creditshampoo »

Celgar wrote:At one time overtime was generally time and a half. I don't know about other employers but in RM overtime is I think 5% less than what you usually get paid per hour. Before he resigned David Cameron tried to get Saturday & Sunday classed as ordinary working days. Luckily his plan failed and he had to drop the proposal.
Our rate is more past contract hours for first ten hours or about that then goes back down
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by crimson king »

Celgar wrote:At one time overtime was generally time and a half. I don't know about other employers but in RM overtime is I think 5% less than what you usually get paid per hour. Before he resigned David Cameron tried to get Saturday & Sunday classed as ordinary working days. Luckily his plan failed and he had to drop the proposal.
I love the way management look at you after a negative response to overtime or coming in to work your day off, and then say stuff like "oh, I thought you'd be glad of the overtime."

Gee, yeah thanks! I am that desperate for that extra tenner/fiver here and there, wow, please help me up from grovelling at your feet and the scraps you've just thrown me.

Royal Mail have conditioned me over the past year to live on my part time basic. When they're not desperate they're quick to tell you overtime isn't guaranteed, but look how whiny they get when they are desperate. I was looking back the other day at the overtime I was doing over Xmas, five, six hours a day....no wonder I was so knackered on the actual day and couldn't wait to get back into bed!

And for what? Am I enjoying the yacht at weekends that I bought with the overtime? Will that overtime put the kids through university? Will I get that Xmas afternoon back where I fell asleep after dinner rather than playing with the kids and their new toys?

If they offered time and a half I might even consider working a day off now and then, but I'm not begging scraps. Especially when, as has been said, you scan your payslip on the following Thursday and notice you haven't been paid for it again. It really is tedious having to chase missing fivers here and tenners there.

I'm sure they count on it. How many thousands do they save across the business through missing overtime I wonder?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Consistently Underpaid

Post by danterossetti »

Stewface wrote:Happens to me all the time, Since Beginning of Dec 17, until last week. I had only been paid the correct amount of overtime 3 weeks. I had a word with the DOM, he spouted some s**t about its the OPGs responsibly to make sure the P552 is filled out correctly on the day of overtime. Blah Blah Blah, I got bored of listening to him and walked off......

As a result I have not done any overtime for the last 2 weeks, and it has made me feel so much better, just turn up do my job and go home. Instead of hunting around for manager, then hunting round for overtime sheet write OT down, and then not getting paid and have to argue with the DOMs assistant to get paid correctly. And the Tax man takes most of my overtime, I've decided its not worth it.

As a result of not starting early, I've found I don't have time for Lapsing, so its a win win situation.........


:Applause

sir I applaud you