ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New data laws
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
New data laws
Customer was rattling to me today about the data protection laws, was moaning because he no longer gets texts about tracked items 'coz of them; that's nonsense surely?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New data laws
It is but companies are struggling with the new GDPR rules and are probably being overcautious, especially small-scale sellers.postietom wrote:Customer was rattling to me today about the data protection laws, was moaning because he no longer gets texts about tracked items 'coz of them; that's nonsense surely?
Most larger companies will have done due diligence and would already have had their compliance plans in place and ready to go.
But, he may have received emails about GDPR and not responded to them, in that case, he may have inadvertently removed his consent for the company to contact him. If all his stuff is coming from the same company/site/seller then he may need to check their website out.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
New data laws
So it's on the part of the seller rather than Royal Mail? Okay. I thought it couldn't be right as surely the entire idea of tracked items is you know when they're coming!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New data laws
Yes as I understand it the systems in place alerts the sender that a tracked item has been delivered, the sender then either has (or hasn't) systems in place that notify their customer that RM says they have delivered it. Royal Mail typically don't have details of the receivers email addresses so this is the only way I could see such a system working.postietom wrote:So it's on the part of the seller rather than Royal Mail?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
New data laws
I got 2 text messages today from Royal Mail saying I had a tracked item ready for then attempted delivery, Depends if the company supply your phone number with the address I guess?