ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Hi. I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and I know it is very common in our job. I cannot wear any of the Royal Mail uniform trainers. I have a pair of Reebok trainers at the moment that someone suggested on here but they are now £80 and were only £35 when I bought them before. Can anyone suggest any others?
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
If u have a store near you which can analysis your " strike pattern if ur feet" they can recommend suitable trainers to ease problem .
I have suffered on and off with this , you need to stretch your tendon plus do strenghing excerises , search you tube , good luck
I have suffered on and off with this , you need to stretch your tendon plus do strenghing excerises , search you tube , good luck
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Sketchers are supposed to be good!
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
G
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
The insoles are more important than the actual trainer.
Personally I find that ones with arch supports help.
Personally I find that ones with arch supports help.
-
jtshocka
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 22:15
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Get yourself a decent pair of walking boots and some cushion insoles
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Would personally recommend karrimoor.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Also remember to claim £30 towards whatever trainers you buy.sf25 wrote:Hi. I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and I know it is very common in our job. I cannot wear any of the Royal Mail uniform trainers. I have a pair of Reebok trainers at the moment that someone suggested on here but they are now £80 and were only £35 when I bought them before. Can anyone suggest any others?
-
plodplodplod
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
to talk about this downright misery as being 'common' like it was normal and then recommending trainers and stretching excercise,! it wont help.. knock up for 6 months.hit em where it hurts and do yourself a favour.
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Helped me !!!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Me tooCiderboy1957 wrote:Helped me !!!
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Is there some kind of infection going around with similar symptoms to Plantar Faciitis? About 5 people in our office have developed symptoms in the last few weeks. Seriously, there is no significant increase in workload to explain it and it seems too much of a coincidence.
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
How do I go about getting £30 towards footwear? I have been to a podiatrist and I have insoles but the royal mail footwear are far too bulky and pooly made for the job we do.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Other conditions that can cause symptoms like those of plantar fasciitis include:Spedley wrote:Is there some kind of infection going around with similar symptoms to Plantar Faciitis? About 5 people in our office have developed symptoms in the last few weeks. Seriously, there is no significant increase in workload to explain it and it seems too much of a coincidence.
Stress fracture of the heel bone.
Arthritis.
Circulation problems.
Nerve entrapment syndrome (nerve is compressed or squeezed by other tissues or bone), such as tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Other overuse injuries such as bursitis or tendinitis.
Wearing away (atrophy) of the heel fat pad.
Sciatica, usually from a herniated disc.
Ruptured plantar fascia.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis
Personally I use Merrell Interceptors as they are light ( don't use in the wet ) but as previously stated get yourself a decent pair of insoles such as Sof Sole Plantar Fasciitis Insoles - £14 - £15 a pair but last about 6 months and actually work
( give them a few days for your feet to get used to using them ).