ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sf25
Posts: 43
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by sf25 »

Hi. I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and I know it is very common in our job. I cannot wear any of the Royal Mail uniform trainers. I have a pair of Reebok trainers at the moment that someone suggested on here but they are now £80 and were only £35 when I bought them before. Can anyone suggest any others?
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

If u have a store near you which can analysis your " strike pattern if ur feet" they can recommend suitable trainers to ease problem .
I have suffered on and off with this , you need to stretch your tendon plus do strenghing excerises , search you tube , good luck
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by hothothot »

Sketchers are supposed to be good!
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by 97gaz »

G
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by NewPostieUK »

The insoles are more important than the actual trainer.

Personally I find that ones with arch supports help.
jtshocka
Posts: 24
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 22:15
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by jtshocka »

Get yourself a decent pair of walking boots and some cushion insoles
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by aiden01 »

Would personally recommend karrimoor.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by aiden01 »

sf25 wrote:Hi. I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and I know it is very common in our job. I cannot wear any of the Royal Mail uniform trainers. I have a pair of Reebok trainers at the moment that someone suggested on here but they are now £80 and were only £35 when I bought them before. Can anyone suggest any others?
Also remember to claim £30 towards whatever trainers you buy.
plodplodplod
Posts: 56
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by plodplodplod »

to talk about this downright misery as being 'common' like it was normal and then recommending trainers and stretching excercise,! it wont help.. knock up for 6 months.hit em where it hurts and do yourself a favour.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Helped me !!!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by aiden01 »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Helped me !!!
Me too
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by Spedley »

Is there some kind of infection going around with similar symptoms to Plantar Faciitis? About 5 people in our office have developed symptoms in the last few weeks. Seriously, there is no significant increase in workload to explain it and it seems too much of a coincidence.
sf25
Posts: 43
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by sf25 »

How do I go about getting £30 towards footwear? I have been to a podiatrist and I have insoles but the royal mail footwear are far too bulky and pooly made for the job we do.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Spedley wrote:Is there some kind of infection going around with similar symptoms to Plantar Faciitis? About 5 people in our office have developed symptoms in the last few weeks. Seriously, there is no significant increase in workload to explain it and it seems too much of a coincidence.
Other conditions that can cause symptoms like those of plantar fasciitis include:

Stress fracture of the heel bone.
Arthritis.
Circulation problems.
Nerve entrapment syndrome (nerve is compressed or squeezed by other tissues or bone), such as tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Other overuse injuries such as bursitis or tendinitis.
Wearing away (atrophy) of the heel fat pad.
Sciatica, usually from a herniated disc.
Ruptured plantar fascia.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by JKSmudge »

Personally I use Merrell Interceptors as they are light ( don't use in the wet ) but as previously stated get yourself a decent pair of insoles such as Sof Sole Plantar Fasciitis Insoles - £14 - £15 a pair but last about 6 months and actually work :nana ( give them a few days for your feet to get used to using them ).