ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Golden Wedding
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
There are some nice things about this job , I'm looking forward to the day I can retire , mind you it will probably be in a wheelchair , what with knackered ankles , knees , back , shoulders , I can't wait !
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
The 'community' aspect has been thrown aside. The people up above do not realise that the postman is PART of the community.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
I had one last year for a lovely couple on my round. Embarrassingly I dropped it in front of them juggling the pda, mail and the card
. Luckily it was a dry day.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
Ain’t that the sad truth. I don’t think they realise how important it is for business to build good relationships with our customers either.wookie wrote:The 'community' aspect has been thrown aside. The people up above do not realise that the postman is PART of the community.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Golden Wedding
I totally agree with you,I delivered a few of these in my time as a postie,and it makes you feel valued when you make someones day,which is more than can be said for RM.robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
One of the saddest things nowadays is that the posties are under so much pressure to do their massive deliverys as quickly as possible that they just havent got the time to hardly say hello to the public,never mind just checking on the old and lonely who sometimes the postie is the only face they ever see for days.
Like Wookie wrote the Community aspect has been thrown aside,RM should be ashamed
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
That's crazy! Is the lady still alive? Some going!lcook282 wrote:I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
postietom wrote:That's crazy! Is the lady still alive? Some going!lcook282 wrote:I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year
Sadly not, there'll be no 109th birthday card.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6696
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Golden Wedding
It will probably actually be for their diamond anniversay(60 years), as they're not issued for 50 years!robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
I've delivered a few 'telegrams off the queen' as they used to be called, over the years, and I agree it does make the job what it is or perhaps what it used to be!
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Golden Wedding
Yes I've delivered a few too. What an honour!RobertT wrote:It will probably actually be for their diamond anniversay(60 years), as they're not issued for 50 years!robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
I've delivered a few 'telegrams off the queen' as they used to be called, over the years, and I agree it does make the job what it is or perhaps what it used to be!