ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Golden Wedding

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by robbertwhitton »

What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by hothothot »

There are some nice things about this job , I'm looking forward to the day I can retire , mind you it will probably be in a wheelchair , what with knackered ankles , knees , back , shoulders , I can't wait !
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by wookie »

The 'community' aspect has been thrown aside. The people up above do not realise that the postman is PART of the community.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I had one last year for a lovely couple on my round. Embarrassingly I dropped it in front of them juggling the pda, mail and the card :oops:. Luckily it was a dry day.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by Jpro747 »

wookie wrote:The 'community' aspect has been thrown aside. The people up above do not realise that the postman is PART of the community.
Ain’t that the sad truth. I don’t think they realise how important it is for business to build good relationships with our customers either.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Golden Wedding

Post by Brandy »

robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
I totally agree with you,I delivered a few of these in my time as a postie,and it makes you feel valued when you make someones day,which is more than can be said for RM.
One of the saddest things nowadays is that the posties are under so much pressure to do their massive deliverys as quickly as possible that they just havent got the time to hardly say hello to the public,never mind just checking on the old and lonely who sometimes the postie is the only face they ever see for days.
Like Wookie wrote the Community aspect has been thrown aside,RM should be ashamed :no no
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by yubin282 »

I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by Seymour Buts »

lcook282 wrote:I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year
That's crazy! Is the lady still alive? Some going!
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by yubin282 »

postietom wrote:
lcook282 wrote:I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year
That's crazy! Is the lady still alive? Some going!

Sadly not, there'll be no 109th birthday card.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Golden Wedding

Post by RobertT »

robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
It will probably actually be for their diamond anniversay(60 years), as they're not issued for 50 years!

I've delivered a few 'telegrams off the queen' as they used to be called, over the years, and I agree it does make the job what it is or perhaps what it used to be!
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Golden Wedding

Post by peshwaarinaan »

RobertT wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .
It will probably actually be for their diamond anniversay(60 years), as they're not issued for 50 years!

I've delivered a few 'telegrams off the queen' as they used to be called, over the years, and I agree it does make the job what it is or perhaps what it used to be!
Yes I've delivered a few too. What an honour! :Very Happy