ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transer to another office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Islander
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
Gender: Male

Transer to another office

Post by Islander »

Hi just a quick question how long have I got to work at RM before I can try and get a transfer. I have tried twice now, on the online application form it says you have to be with RM for 26 weeks but I have been told that my applications have been refused by the management because I have to be there a year.
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Transer to another office

Post by lightningpostman »

Islander wrote:Hi just a quick question how long have I got to work at RM before I can try and get a transfer. I have tried twice now, on the online application form it says you have to be with RM for 26 weeks but I have been told that my applications have been refused by the management because I have to be there a year.
im pretty sure its 6 months
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Transer to another office

Post by spen »

6 months
Islander
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
Gender: Male

Transer to another office

Post by Islander »

Thank you will have to speak with the union rep when he gets back from sickness.
haughts
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Dec 2017, 16:41
Gender: Male

Transer to another office

Post by haughts »

I am also looking to transfer . I have been at my current office for just over 6 months but am moving to another area over 75 miles away. I would like to e-mail the DOMs at 4 offices that will be the closet to my new home to make them aware of my impending move and check out any imminent vacancies. Does anyone know how to find out who they would be so I can e-mail them. The offices are Osprey Road and Belgrave Road in Exeter,Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth. Thanks
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Transer to another office

Post by lightningpostman »

haughts wrote:I am also looking to transfer . I have been at my current office for just over 6 months but am moving to another area over 75 miles away. I would like to e-mail the DOMs at 4 offices that will be the closet to my new home to make them aware of my impending move and check out any imminent vacancies. Does anyone know how to find out who they would be so I can e-mail them. The offices are Osprey Road and Belgrave Road in Exeter,Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth. Thanks
have a look at the employee portal for advertised vacancies, if there are any apply, if your sucessful your old office must release no later then 4 weeks