ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
D2D
The business delivers 6 days a week. So technically you only 'need' to do a 6th each day. 16.67% each day is what the agreement is suppose to be but in reality it's down to individual office.rubberbond wrote:How many days a week do you work?glenfiddich wrote:Surely its 17% aday
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D
He is referring to the standard policy of throwing up and delivering one sixth of the D2Ds each working day. Every postie in every DO does it differently to be honest. For example I get them all thrown up for a Monday and deliver them where there is mail so probably 95% get delivered on the first day. Unless there is bickering over who has done what or some D2D don't get delivered then Postie's will be left to deliver them in their own time.rubberbond wrote:How many days a week do you work?glenfiddich wrote:Surely its 17% aday
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
D2D
how do you have time to box in all your D2Ds in one day. especially if you have 6 sets. I prep 2 duties in the mornings. one duty has 987 delivery points the other has just over a thousand. so near on 2 thousand D2Ds to throw in even if it was just one set. 12 thousand if it was 6 sets. impossible. cant be done.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D
Sounds like hell. All but one of our walks are rurals so we don't have walks with that many delivery points. Takes about an hour & a half to prep six D2Ds into my frame so I usually throw them up on Saturdays after delivery so they are ready to go on Monday. You wouldn't be able to do that on your duty.daveyeff wrote:how do you have time to box in all your D2Ds in one day. especially if you have 6 sets. I prep 2 duties in the mornings. one duty has 987 delivery points the other has just over a thousand. so near on 2 thousand D2Ds to throw in even if it was just one set. 12 thousand if it was 6 sets. impossible. cant be done.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D
For the most part we don't have double slots. Some of our frames have small sections of them but not many fortunately.daveyeff wrote:and if you have double slots it would be an even bigger pain in the arse having to pull out the ones you are going to and leave in the ones you weren't going to.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
D2D
Celgar wrote:Sounds like hell. All but one of our walks are rurals so we don't have walks with that many delivery points. Takes about an hour & a half to prep six D2Ds into my frame so I usually throw them up on Saturdays after delivery so they are ready to go on Monday. You wouldn't be able to do that on your duty.daveyeff wrote:how do you have time to box in all your D2Ds in one day. especially if you have 6 sets. I prep 2 duties in the mornings. one duty has 987 delivery points the other has just over a thousand. so near on 2 thousand D2Ds to throw in even if it was just one set. 12 thousand if it was 6 sets. impossible. cant be done.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
D2D
Our gaffers aint bothered as long as we get them done. Doesn't appear to be any official agreement in place; it's a personal thing.
I do mine depending on my week: as a reserve I may be on a different duty every day or on the same duty all week. If I'm on a duty for 1 day I'll take all of them for that day, that way if any are missed I can say I took my share so any other day is out of my control. If I'm on the same duty all week I'll put in as many as time allows Monday, then put the rest in Tuesday as I'm usually done early. By Friday there's only a few left and I'll write the numbers on them so I'm clear for Saturday.
I do mine depending on my week: as a reserve I may be on a different duty every day or on the same duty all week. If I'm on a duty for 1 day I'll take all of them for that day, that way if any are missed I can say I took my share so any other day is out of my control. If I'm on the same duty all week I'll put in as many as time allows Monday, then put the rest in Tuesday as I'm usually done early. By Friday there's only a few left and I'll write the numbers on them so I'm clear for Saturday.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
D2D
It is One Plan that doesn't like it.
A clear office policy should mean exactly that.
And people who leave the D2D quite often leave the odd letter or two as well.
A clear office policy should mean exactly that.
And people who leave the D2D quite often leave the odd letter or two as well.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.